The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to have 2 175 watt MHs and 2 96 watt 36" PCs over my 40 breeder, i was thinking of doing the MHs as 10ks and the PCs as actinics, or 20k MHs and actinic PCs. Would the second option be too blue? I want to keep softies, with some acro tabletops so i dont fry the softies and an anemone of some sort later on down the road. Which spectrum combo would you suggest?

·
Registered
260 Posts
My current set-up on my 37 gallon is, 1x175 20K XM and 2x55 watt actinic PC. The color is a soft hazy blue compared to my last setup. 1x175 10K and 2-55 03 lamps which was a nice white color. I would say I liked the last setup better because of the crisp white light, but my corals seem to be doing very well with my new setup. I have seen a good amount of color change and growth with my current setup.

Doug

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are the colors more vibrant and florescent looking? I like how 20ks seem to do that to corals but dont like how it makes the rest of the tank look

·
Registered
260 Posts
I would say yes the colors are very good. I agree with you that I don't like that blue color in the tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts