The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a unused 180 gallon marineland aqaurium on craigslist. corner drains and overflows (4 holes total) measure 1.75"

2 Problems:

1 - take a look at the picture, they holes are drilled 1" apart. The bulkheads at the store cant fit next to eachother as they are more than a half inch outside the lip. Has anyone seen this before???

2 - I did buy a 1" bulkhead and the hole seems barely too small to fit it in there. Anyone ever heard of these problems??? Any help much appreciated!

-D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,623 Posts
I took and instead of a bulk head I uses a piece of PVC with a slightly smaller od than the id of the hole. I put in the piece of PVC then used two couplings on either side to go slip to slip, and just sealed with silicone. I was able to get the fit I wanted and is effective but permanent.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whiskey's 150 build shows how to do one with PVC fittings and a rubber seal. Which is remove able . So looks like iT is not unheard of. I'll post that link and pictures of what I end up doing exactly.

·
BigFowlr
140 Posts
Have you tried contacting Marineland? They may have special bulkheads for that set up. Otherwise, sounds like you are on the right track.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tried searching their website mant times but their website is very unhelpful and they don't seem to have a section on aquarium accessories that I've found yet. Hadn't reached the point where I would try to call them up and talk to someone in India yet. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Tried searching their website mant times but their website is very unhelpful and they don't seem to have a section on aquarium accessories that I've found yet. Hadn't reached the point where I would try to call them up and talk to someone in India yet. :)
My LFS has a kit for $30 for everything you need. All the pipes and bulkheads. If you look around you can find some generic ones that you can measure to fit your tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts