The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bears Fan
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed it getting more difficult every time I would empty and clean it. Now I can't get the stupid thing off. Am I supposed to grease it or something?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Are you talking about the union? If so, they do get stickier over time. Food grade lubricant will help tremendously...

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
DwightKeenan said:
I noticed it getting more difficult every time I would empty and clean it. Now I can't get the stupid thing off. Am I supposed to grease it or something?

Any help would be appreciated.

You mean the top of the cup right? Mine is really hard to get off too. I am now at the point where I loosen that and the union for the cup before I lift it off, or I cant get the leverage to get it open.

·
Registered
544 Posts
my lid is very hard as well. I just set it back on and not turn it. have done this for a few months now. ASM exchanged my cup for this problem before. When i got the new one it was loose as heck. now its very tight again.
Your not alone. Not sure about tweaking it any, i just sit it on there.

·
Bears Fan
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. It is the lid and I can't beleive how it gets over time. Once I get it off, I am going to just set it on there too. I was afraid to do that for fear it would pop off or something.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
i'v noticed that with the ones at work, i just put my thumbs on the cap and the rest of my hand on the bottom of the cup and give it a flick and they come off, took me a couple trys to figure that out. on the other hand, euro-reefs don't have that issue........

·
Registered
544 Posts
rihanssu said:
i'v noticed that with the ones at work, i just put my thumbs on the cap and the rest of my hand on the bottom of the cup and give it a flick and they come off, took me a couple trys to figure that out. on the other hand, euro-reefs don't have that issue........
so why comment on what works for another brand ?? Not the same deal :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
no no, the ones at work are ASM's i added the "ASMs Drool Euro-reefs Rule" tag on the the end.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts