The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Just joining, have had aquariums since I was 10, I'm 27 now with a 75 gallon saltwater tank and a 55 gallon sitting empty right now. Just looking to help out and ask questions as I'm fairly new to the saltwater game! Just thought I would say hello!

Clay

·
Administrator
19,981 Posts
Hi Clay, and welcome to TRT! Looking forward to the forth coming pictures. All the best,
Hack

·
Registered
100 Posts
Setting up a sump is relatively easy but alot of work. First you need to either drill your tank or get overflow box with the air pump to siphon it. Second you can get baffles for your tank and glue them with GE Silicone 1 which i use it. The baffles you can get from local glass store. Third you get the return pump, protein skimmer and light for your refugium.

·
Just some guy, you know?
23,239 Posts
Welcome to TRT!!!

Sumps do make the system more complicated, but done well they really add allot to a system. I would not setup any salt water tank that had fish without one. The in sump skimmers way outperform HOB models, and the sump allows you to get all of your equipment tucked out of the way.

I would do a little reasearch, there are lots of great step by step tutorials out there about how to set one up. You can ask questions here, and get an idea of what is involved. Then you can decide if it's worth the effort to you.

Whiskey

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.