The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. My name is Chris. I am moving to the Twin Cities on June 1st where I will be attending graduate school at the University of St. Thomas in Minneapolis. I just graduated from the U. of Colorado at Boulder. I am a regular on reefcentral and honestly I was a little discouraged when I saw the minnesota club on there, very little activity. mtfatwork told me about this club, it's really great to see so many reefers here!!!!!!!! I've been doing the reef thing for the past 2 years, I just took down and sold off my 72g mixed reef :(. I'm currently looking to buy a 120-180g rr tank, anyone have anything for sale similar to this? Thanks!!

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
welcome and good luck with your time at St. Thomas I believe Fastfish720 goes to school there but I may be wrong.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good to see you again mtfatwork, seems like your always on the boards!!! thanks for the warm welcome. I'm excited now to get my reef up!

·
I got brains!!
1,523 Posts
Welcome Chris :thumbup:

Great group of people here so you can call it home :)

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
Getting your MBA?

Welcome aboard. A long time ago we were on RC, but things change. A former club member used to own TRT, and it wasn't having any "server issues" that RC was having at the time, so we moved here. That's the abridged version, anyway. :)

I'm fairly certain you won't have a problem finding a tank, and about 8000000 people in the club to get frags from. :)

·
I got brains!!
1,523 Posts
Boy I hope that all the 8000000 don't decide to come to a meeting all at once :lol: , would have to call it "Reeffest" :D

I'm fairly certain you won't have a problem finding a tank, and about 8000000 people in the club to get frags from. :)[/quote]

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
120g and 180g don't come up as often for sale as other tanks sizes. If you do end up buying new, look up in the yellow pages Forest Lake Pets. They usually have the best prices going in the cities for new tanks.

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
Hey Chris, pm borgy. He has a funky 120 for sale... it is really cool looking if you have the space, it is like 7 ft long, and maybe 16" tall.

Oh, and if you cant find reef ready I would not worry too much. There are members who drill and members who specialize in acrylic work (overflow box). My 220 has a custom overflow from a club member.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Welcome to the nut fest:nuts: :nuts: !!! I think you will like our group, their are a lot of fun people here. Also, you can find answers to almost any issue on the boards...so if you have questions be sure to post.....some one will answer (hopefully correctly:freak: )!!!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Welcome buddy! when you get your tank set up let me know! you can come over and get frags of anything that is fraggable in my tank, free of charge! and NO that doesn't mean the 1/4 inch purple monster =P

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow, this group is really active. Thanks everyone. I will definately try to made that meeting comming up.

Awwww comeon why can't I have a 1/16 frag of the purple monster??? lol. Well I'll definately have to take you up on that and of course I will return the favor with a huge frag of the O. Tort, Turquoise Tort, Blue Monster lol.

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
When you are ready you can stop out at my coral emporium, and get a few things to get you started as well! lol.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, I'm getting my MBA in accounting. It's a one year program, but I'm planning on living/working in the area for a few years. Especially if I'm going to be setting up a 220g which looks like what I might be doing.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Welcome, WOW a 220? You already upgraded before you started. That's what we like to see :D. There are a few pm's in the club that i know of and one that will prolly get tossed because of AEFW :bawling:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts