The Reef Tank banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I am very new to this site and still pretty new to reefin. I currently have a 65 gallon tank with a 20 long sump and just purchased my first somewhat big tank. It is a 100 gallon. I thought it was supposed to be a 125 but after measuring it found out that it is only 100. Oh well, 400 bucks with an oak stand and canaopy, 400watt MH, 55 gallon built sump, about 30 pounds of rock (was live but has been sitting dry for too long now) and delivered to my house, I couldn't pass it up. I have been reading forums for about a week now and have been planning this build since i decided to go with a tank larger than my 65. I am putting the main tank in my kitchen and plumbing through the floor into my basement to 2 55 gallon tanks. One will be a refugium and the second will contain skimmers, heaters and all the other fun and expensive stuff that i have no idea of what it does but know I HAVE to have in order to establish an object of such beuty (or at least this is what i explain to the fiance). I have been reading over builds on this site and between this and the info I get at loitering my local fish store i am ready to buld my dream tank. I will get some pics up soon of my tank now as well as the new tank and build that is gonna be styarted tomorrow. I get to take a bay window out of my kitchen and install a door to make room for this tank. I am sure it is gonna be fun and right now I am just in aww at the size of this tank. I know it is only a 100 gallon but when you start with a 10 gallon and over the past two years keep upgrading a 100 gallon with 2 55 gallon tanks as sumps seems pretty big!!! Keep watchin and giving me advice, I am up for all the comments and advice I can get.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts