The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm excited about meeting everyone at the next meeting. I started keeping aquariums when i was 9. I was fishing and caught a baby brim and was so amased by it i begged my mom to take me to k-mart to get an aquarium for it. I had the brim for about 6 months and decided to set it "free" back into the pond. Since then i've had alot of tanks and alot of creatures. My first reef tank was a 75 gallon back in '91 when i was a freshman in high school. It was a disaster. I was too young and BROKE! A reef tank is not something you can maintain year round on a part-time summer job salary. I ultimately sold that tank when it began to leak and set up a 29 gal tank which was much easier to manage. I finished law school about 6 months ago and as a present to myself i went and bought a nano-reef set up which has been set up for a little over a month. I have added my clean up crew and some button polyps last weekend. i'll post some pic's when i get it stocked. Anywho.... sorry about the long post! -James-

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Welcome!

Welcome James!

Welcome to TheReefTank and to the discussion forum of the Atlanta Reef Club! I'm glad to meet someone who's has such a long love in this hobby.

I hope you'll checkout this forum often and also take the time to come to one of our meetings. The folks are friendly and knowledgable. They're held the 2nd Tuesday of each month and the next one is in Sandy Springs.

For more info about our club, click Atlanta Reef Club

Enough of the plug.

I'm glad you found us and that you've gotten back into the hobby!

Bob

·
Big Fish
117 Posts
Hey James. Sounds great. I hope to attend the next meeting as well. Where did you go to law school? My sister is at UGA Law right now.

Can't wait to see some pics of your tank.

Bill

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will definately be at the next meeting! I would also like to go to the meeting at Fernbank on the 24th. I'm going Friday night to Fernbank to see the IMAX movie "The Coral Reef" i can't wait.

Bill, i went to John Marshall Law School. I am currently clerking in Cobb State court for one of the Judges. Maybe when your sister finishes she'd be interested in a clerkship it really is a good way to get your feet wet. I'd be glad to tell her about it if she is interested. See ya at the meeting! -James

·
Big Fish
117 Posts
Ahhh cool. My friend who went to UGA Law as well, when I was in Athens, clerked for a judge in Gainesville and he loved it. He agrees that its a great way to get your feet wet. He signed on with a firm in Gainesville last year I believe.

See you at the meeting!

Bill

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
James nice to see another reefer in the club w/ a nano. I believe there are now over 8 of us.

Please post you tank specs so we get an idea of what your setup is all about.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
PufferMatt

Nice start so far.

Please everyone post a quick little bit about your Nano in my "Nano SIG" Thread. Will start that thread up within the next few min.

·
Registered
637 Posts
PufferMatt it is nice to see you made it over from nano-reef!!!

I am looking forward to a possible nano meeting! :) :)

Your talk looks very nice. If that the 96watt quad lighting?

·
Registered
132 Posts
bamann345 said:
PufferMatt it is nice to see you made it over from nano-reef!!!

I am looking forward to a possible nano meeting! :) :)

Your talk looks very nice. If that the 96watt quad lighting?
Hey, yeah i made it over. Thanks for telling me about this club! Yes i ordered the Coralife Aqualight 1x96w. Its working out extremely well. I was very worried that it was going to be too much for my tank, but as long as i keep a fan on it, it doesnt raise the temp at all. :)

·
Big Fish
117 Posts
Hey Puffermatt,

I have the same lights and the fans do a great job of keeping it cool. I have hardly any temp fluctuation. Nice looking tank btw.

Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts