The Reef Tank banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would a pair of Helfrichi Firefish do in a 75 gallon tank with a flame angel, hippo tang, 2 mandarin gobies, 2 maroon and gold clowns, lawnmower blenny, and a flasher wrasse? Thanks your replies will be greatly appreciated.:rotflmao:

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
Not so sure they would do well being added after the GSM Clowns...or the Hippo tang.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The hippos pretty shy, but the clowns are only aggresive if something goes near there area. The clowns actually just started laying eggs for the first time, i noticed a clutch this afternoon, which was pretty cool.

·
Registered
929 Posts
The Hippo is going to outgrow that 75 gallon. If you decide to go with the firefish you should have a plan for them if the GSM's get agressive. How long have you had two mandrin gobies, and do you add pod's? I want a second mandrin in my 125, but I was concerned that they would decimate the pod population.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When the hippo gets bigger im gonna give him back to my lfs and swap him out for a tomini tang maybe. I've had the mandarin gobies for about a year in a half and nope i dont add pods, i got them to eat frozen mysis, there are still ridicuosly large amounts of pods in there for some odd reason though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya my clowns aren't that crazy and aren't killers, at least not yet in the 2 years i've had them!

·
Administrator
47,223 Posts
Given the cost of the Helfrichii, Iuld set up a dedicated tank for them or similar. I always wanted a pair of all 3 species in a 55 g

1 - 13 of 13 Posts