The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I'm Back
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a heater Hex on me.

I had a Won pro titanium that got stuck on.

I went and got a new Ebo Jager. Now this thing doesn't come on unless I move it. I have had for 2 weeks.

Next idea?

Anyone use a temp controller? Like a Ranco?

Are they reliable. I figure I can use my old Won turned all the way up attached to a controller.

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
wow, this is the first bad experience i have ever heard from an Ebo. i would take it back and exchange it if you can. i think the Ebo is still your best bet. it would be cheaper than getting a controller and doing it that way.

G~

·
I'm Back
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mail ordered the Ebo. Probably cost more to ship it back then to buy a new one.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I was also having problems with my Pro-Heat and it turned out to be a bad ground on my PC lighting (I could feel a slight tingle whenever I put my hand in the water). I think it was interfering with either the temperature probe or the magnetic interference from the ballasts were messing with the Won's temperature control circuitry.
The downside is now that I've figured out the problem, the Won is off by about 4 degrees on the control side (and it was fine before). The good thing is that it doesn't stay on constantly like it had been.
You may look into this also, since you're having problems with both your heaters... maybe it could be messing with the Ebo circuitry as well, causing it not to make contact until bumped enough to move the relay switch.

that's just a theory anyway...

David.

·
I'm Back
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The WON I had didnt have a probe, it was self contained.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts