The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last week my tank hit 94% my xenia is not pulsing, it is slowly making it's way back open, my goniporia is fully inside the rock, my hammer coral closed up and it was beautiful, now my Puffer has eaten it so that's gone, could the heat have caused these drastic changes in my corals, I have checked all the water parameters that I could ph,nitrite,nitrate,ammonia and salinity they are all fine

·
Registered
144 Posts
Heat that high in a reef tank is very bad. Hopefully you have gotten the temp back down into the normal range 75-80.

I went on a 3 day vacation and like an idiot I turned off the AC in the house. When I returned my tank was at 89. Similar epxerience my stuff closed up but after a few days it returned to normal. The thing to watch out for now is Ich on the fish. I did 15% water changes every two days after mine to help the die off from contaminating the tank. Worked out well.

Good Luck
George

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
Yes, I'm sure your troubles are heat-related. Xenia is pretty hardy, it will probably pull through - I had my 135-gallon go up to 85 and it melted some of my corals and polyps. I'm so sorry!

HHC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts