The Reef Tank banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone ever have any allergy problems associated with their tanks? I mean because of the excessive evaporation from halide lights or anythign like that cause any mildew or anything like that? if you do how do you remedy the situation. just wondering before i setup my new tank because my roomate is very sensitvie to these kind of things. thanks!

·
Registered
101 Posts
get a dehumidafier, if you're unsure about good brands call an allergy clinic, most of them can either recommend brands to you or they have catalogs of sort of sponsored products sold cheaper specifically if you order them from the allergy clinics catalogs.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Theyre recommended for anyone allergic to molds and dust mites in general, and chances are even if there wasnt fish tanks around having one in the home with someone who is allergic to molds and dust mites would probably improve their overall health somewhat depending on how allergic they are.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The higher humidity helps me, when the air is too dry I have problems with my alergies

Finally found one of the problems, cat scan last week revieled a polyp on the left side, gonna have surgury on that pretty soon

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thats not the bad surgury

I also have to have the bones in my ear replaced, constant ear infections has removed the bones. The nerves are still fine, but they will be doing about 6 hours worth of surgury repairing the damage

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea that was what i was initially thinking. the water evaporating from the tank makes the air in your house more humid, so that would help fungus grow(moldy) and cause dust to collect. so maybe i should get a dehumidifier. hm.....thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've had sinus/ear problems sense I was about 2 years old, have tubes in both ears right now.

The surgury doesnt sound fun, they have to crack open my skull right behind the ears to drain out the fluid on the left side, the problem is the nerve to that side of face runs though the cavity, also the jugular runs though, that's why it takes 6 hours per side, luckly I only need one side fixed.

They also cant find the hammer/anvil bones, so they will be installing some new ones for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.