The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to the hobby. This is my first saltwater tank and I'm going for a mixed reef. It's been set up for about 14 months now. It's a 54 gallon AGA corner with a 20 gallon sump, a coralife 125 super skimmer, a 150 watt led light, and a brs dual reactor for gfo/carbon. I really just want to get some feedback from people with more experience than I have. Any tips are appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, it really is a habit more than a hobby. I love my tank I just feel like there's not enough in it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is an ebay light that uses 3 watt leds. i think i paid 72$ shipped for the light. It replaced a coralife aqualight metal halide hang on. I am really happy with the light so far and everything is showing better color and growth under the led's with much less heat. with the meal halide that i had my temp's would go up about 3 degrees during the day when the light was on. With the led my temps stay at 80 24/7.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, we got 30 inches of snow this weekend and the power went out for 12 hours. The temps dropped in the tank to high 60's and I thought my tank was going to crash. Everything was really stressed for 2 days but it looks really good now.The only thing I actually lost was a very small favia frag. It was a lesson learned and I bought a generator yesterday just in case my power goes out again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts