The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Casey,

You've run a lot of these different lights and combos. What would you suggest?

The tank is already wired and ready to go, I just need to swap bulbs. Right now it's two actinics and two actinic/white (50/50). The color is alright, it's just not bright enough for that to be the only lighting. I'm assuming that if I swap the actinics for 50/50's (making it four 50/50's only) it will have about the same look only brighter.

How's that for fish color and viewing? :)

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Spanky said:
Casey,

You've run a lot of these different lights and combos. What would you suggest?

The tank is already wired and ready to go, I just need to swap bulbs. Right now it's two actinics and two actinic/white (50/50). The color is alright, it's just not bright enough for that to be the only lighting. I'm assuming that if I swap the actinics for 50/50's (making it four 50/50's only) it will have about the same look only brighter.

How's that for fish color and viewing? :)
Pump lots of light good actinic 03 and chroma, and daylight you need a good mix to get the look you want and squeeze as many in there as you can i had 8 on a 55 one time :)2 actinics 2 suns 2 daylights :)would be sweet on yours

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Darn man I wanted you to have 6 bulbs :( Well if you can only get 4 then I would just stick to what you have then it is a good combo but could be better if we had more room:)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.