The Reef Tank banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone NOT fallen for SPS ?

I do like SPS and I have seen stunning SPS tanks on the forums and in books (absolutely mindblowing tanks and a credit to there creators) but they always look a bit static to me.

I love the look of a softie tank with lots of "ocean motion", I think it adds more life to a tank.

Though it seems the softie dominated tank seems to be going the way of the Dinosaur.............there just seems to be such an upswell in SPS, there is a definate shift that way.

As I said earlier I can appreciate a SPS tank but I'll be sticking to my softies :)

Whats your thoughts mixed soft and hard corals or just one or the other ?

·
Registered
645 Posts
My goal is to recreate nature as accuately as possible...this means a little of everything. To me divesity is important, but I could see how some would be drawn to a "softy" tank or any other specific setup.

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Thanks Jim I really love all reeftanks sps or softies or whatever:)

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Thanks Jim I really do need to upgrade my site though:eek:

·
Registered
852 Posts
I have softies and lps. Gotta love the growth rates, color and weirdness of some of those corals - my favourite trick is to feed the bubble coral to freak visitors out... :funny:

SPS are nice but not worth the expense of extra lighting fixtures, and the power bill to me. I'll just keep enjoying other peoples sps tanks... :D

Great looking tank, Casey ;)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Nice Casey. Very nice.

I really want one of those yellow leathers.

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Thanks Guys and Buzz I will like your tank better when a mag 36 is running them:D

·
Registered
807 Posts
looks great Casey. I think Casey hijacked this thread with that pic.

·
Administrator
47,684 Posts
No fuzzy sticks for me ;) I am specializing in cryptic stealth reef studies :D

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
here is a softie (primarily) tank for ya!

Attachments

·
Registered
807 Posts
another hijacker. Nice tank Tom.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts