The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
My weekend does not start till Mon. Thanks for rubbing it in! Just kidding! As long as I get 2 off I am good! Have a great weekend everyone that gets one! Steve

·
Banned
2,995 Posts
Good Morning John, John, Steve & Drsyme:

Very sad day for me. I lost my Ashlee last night and it is so hard. I am so tore up.

When I came home from work last night, she was buried under the bed between some rubbermaid containers- I just figured she didn't feel good and was laying there and I was going off what the DR told me and that she would be fine. I petted her and let her be. I go back a few hours later to check on her and she is out laying on the carpet and her 2 back legs are paralyzed. I rush her to the animal hospital which is about 30 miles away. Once at the hospital she starts to twitch. She was in pain and I don't think there was anything I could do. We had her put to sleep. DR guesses that she had blood clots and they were just starting to hit her brain when we got there.

-gwen

·
Registered
7,938 Posts
Good morning everyone. Gwen, I am so sorry to hear about Ashlee! :( Please take comfort in the fact that the time you two had together was surely wonderful for Ashlee (as it was for you).

I suspect you will see her again many, many years down the road. :)

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Good Morning, John, John, Smeese, drsyme, Gwen, Chris, Bill, & All! :)

Beautiful photo, John, and heart-warming photos of your departed animal friends, Gwen & Bill. So sorry about Ashlee, Gwen.

Storms rocked Rocky Top last night but it's clearing for the ride across the mountain to Tom's Hawg Roast this morning! HR Day is here!! :dance:

Rosie and I both got a big surprise yesterday! About 15 minutes after I got home, I needed to go back to the car and when I opened the back door, there was Rosie, right at my feet eating from the cat's dish!!! I jumped; she jumped; and away she scampered away back to the honeysuckles and home!!! I felt bad that I'd scared her away from a meal so I got some cat food and put it in the yard on her path near the woods. I called her and went back in the house and sure 'nuff, out she came about 5 minutes later!! I 'just happened' to have the camera handy and near the window! :)

She likes Friskies!!

Have a Super Saturday, Everybody!!

Dick:)

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
Good Morning, John, John, Smeese, drsyme, Gwen, Chris, Bill, Dick and Everyone!

Greetings from Spartanburg!!! We had a nice thunder boomer last night (I loved it) but the skys have cleared up and it's supposed to be a wonderful day!!

Tom, I heard that you woke up a bit early................

Gwen, sorry about Ashlee

Dick, can't wait to meet you in person. Maybe I can get a couple of pointers on this camera today;)

For those that are driving in today, have a safe trip.

Have a great day everyone!!

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Good Morning, Butch!

Looking forward to meeting you, too!

Where are you staying?

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
Good Morning, Butch!

Looking forward to meeting you, too!

Where are you staying?
My wife, Diana, and I, are staying at the Comfort Inn on SC9 right off of one of the 85's

·
The Bitter Mod
7,059 Posts
Great pic as always. Be careful feeding that Racoon. My parents started out feeding a racoon. Within a year they were feeding 11 racoons. :)

FishDaddy said:
Good Morning, John, John, Smeese, drsyme, Gwen, Chris, Bill, & All! :)

Beautiful photo, John, and heart-warming photos of your departed animal friends, Gwen & Bill. So sorry about Ashlee, Gwen.

Storms rocked Rocky Top last night but it's clearing for the ride across the mountain to Tom's Hawg Roast this morning! HR Day is here!! :dance:

Rosie and I both got a big surprise yesterday! About 15 minutes after I got home, I needed to go back to the car and when I opened the back door, there was Rosie, right at my feet eating from the cat's dish!!! I jumped; she jumped; and away she scampered away back to the honeysuckles and home!!! I felt bad that I'd scared her away from a meal so I got some cat food and put it in the yard on her path near the woods. I called her and went back in the house and sure 'nuff, out she came about 5 minutes later!! I 'just happened' to have the camera handy and near the window! :)

She likes Friskies!!

Have a Super Saturday, Everybody!!

·
Premium Member
20,603 Posts
Good morning All!

hope you all have a great day down there!
Gwen sorry for the loss of your furry freind..
already did the water changes today. so once the tanks settle a bit i will try and grab some pictures...
i am thinking of making some ribs today sincei can't have southern ribs with y'all..

·
Retired Wanderer
17,271 Posts
Gwen I am so sorry to hear about your kitty. Mine had to be put down due to feline leukemia and I adopted another right from the same vet and sanitized the house. It seems to make no sense to get a replacement kitty but it helped. Of course the succubus stole her and wont feed it, but another cat will parachute in...they have a way of appearing on your porch. HUGS to you on your loss.

Didn't do much last night. Went to a different bar and ended up helping the kid of the owners work and stock the place. His parents that run it were so ripped they could not even function and my heart was out to the kid who has to grow up like that. They did not even comp me a beer for a couple of hours of work and burned my pizza.

Gonna take Maggot for a run then haul Old Jim's trash to the dump down at Mack's Inn. Hopefully my letter and a couple of folks calling the landlord were enough to get the new folks into this place. If I can sublease it for a few weeks it is moving day.

Michelle if you are out there I need advice on Maggot.

You guys have a great weekend and so sad I have to miss Tomfest.

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Good Morning, Tim & Perry! :)

Thanks, Butch, that's where I'm planning to stay.

Thank you, John, there's already a tribe of them out there...not sure how many exactly but several!! :D

Perry, no good deed goes unrewarded, even if the recipient doesn't thank you.

Gotta get the stuff in the Tahoe for the run across the mountains to Toms, now! Can't wait to get there!

·
Super Moderator
27,079 Posts
John, John, smeese, drsyme, Gwen, Chris, bigtroutt, Dick, Butch, Tim, Perry, and all of TRT!

Thanks everyone for all the photos and stories about critters, wild and homebound.

Gwen - I'm so sorry to hear that you lost Ashlee:bawling: What a sad time for you. What Chris said was absolutely beautiful, and expresses very well how I feel as well. Ashlee will always be part of your life.

Butch and Dick - we did have a large thunderboomer last night. I'm sure that sleep escaped Tom! BTW, Butch..you are on the NOT business 85 ;) I think it makes more sense North Bound from Greenville, than South bound... at least I think it does :nuts:

Perry - good that you helped out that young guy at the bar. What a life for him :(

Eeek! I better get a move on. LOTS of birthdays, so we need a big cake!

Travel safely, no matter where you are! Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone.

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Good Morning, Vince & Cath! :)

Cath, I'm running a little late but should be there before 1pm. Save some hawg meat for me!! :D

·
Premium Member
14,398 Posts
Morning everyone. Gwen, sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a family memeber is horrible.
Havent been on in a few days, been crazy buisy at work had a big walk by some upper bosses so we had to do alot to get ready since the sales have exploded and the store needed alot of work. All went well and its OVER!
Hope everyone has a great day!

Robert

1 - 20 of 28 Posts