The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends! I hope you all enjoy your day and time with family and friends.

I also hope you all find time for a great turkey nap!

·
Administrator
20,523 Posts
Top of the morning Sir, and THANK YOU for opening the store this morning.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL, and We'll even give THURSDAY a shout out!:p

You working today Rick, or just prowling the halls early? You did such a wonderful job sharing your' THANKSGIVING with us awhile back, I hope we can return the gesture today for you.

Coffee is up, as was I since 5a......WHY?:unsure::rolleyes: But still here we are. Will start KP before too.....ooooooo.....ooooooooo long, but am sure more coffee is involved in this matrix first.

The Sams will be over 12'ish, to begin a day full of games, food, and laughter.

I hope such things knock on Everyone's doors this day,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mornin Skipper. I am indeed working today. I will post turkey sub pics later for y'all. Off tomorrow and Saturday. Looking forward to the weekend as I have nothing at all planned. Maybe I will play with that 75 gallon tank that is sitting empty now. I need to get it moved to the basement and do something usefull with it. Perhaps that is fodder for a thread on here. What should ole Tin do with that tank?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving 🦃 to all! Rick hope your Thanksgiving was good back in Oct. thanks for the coffee I’ll add some fruity Stolen. The dogs are confused they know it’s a holiday,but they look at the fireplace and I said nope not Christmas, then they went running around looking all over and I said nope not Easter either! They are really messed up today! Enjoy the time!

·
Administrator
20,523 Posts
Hey Guys.....HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Rick, I have a daisy of a suggestion.....wait for it.....

George......MAN, I know what you're talking about with the dogs.....
I spent the week or sooooo leading up to today constantly confusing todays 'menu' with Easter.....Nate and Jen were gentle with me.....they begun to 'pull their punches' giving me 'brain dusters' to this old fool. ("Appears this new generation refers to brain dusters as 'Gibs'.")

Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
22,591 Posts
Morning everyone. Slept until 8 am which is pretty dang unusual. Been running behind a little since my trip last weekend to San Diego.

Not sure if egg sandwiches or peanut butter and banana will be featured for my Thanksgiving feast today.

Got some decent coffee going anyway. Enjoy your Thanksgiving everyone!

• Wow
Reactions: VWD and hackshobby

·
Super Moderator
35,693 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving, to all of TRT!

Rick, it is mighty nice of you to lead us off today. What a fine thing for you to do. Thanksgiving is about sharing as far as I’m concerned so I’ll be happy to share virtually.

George thank you for the fruity stolen to go with the coffee! I will sit out English muffins and bagels ready to be toasted and paired up with peanut butter or cream cheese and jam baked apples on the side would be nice.

Hack - so far it sounds like you’ve got the makings of a classic Thanksgiving day feast and gathering. Although Vinnie might be close to you in that regard. Roasted beets are terrific, but they are a lot of work because they’re a mess. That is correct, you use a fresh a fresh beat and then you carefully have to scrape off the skin. They really need to be cooked roasted by themselves because they’ll get red juice all over everything else. One time I made pickled beets out of roasted beets, and that made a great taste!

Doug - Hope your day at work is smooth. Too bad you and Perry live so far apart, you could share Thanksgiving day together

Perry, sometimes hotels have a Thanksgiving dinner. Get some of that as a takeout and run it over to Doug‘s place. But the problem with that is you wind up with Jetlag again.

I better get my fanny in gear to make the bread and all the other things that have to happen before Bobbi and Hal get here. This time I’m going to make bread with water rather than milk, and I will use molasses rather than honey to give the bread a darker color. Bread made with water makes it nice and crusty.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Administrator
20,523 Posts
Warming my hands up from peeling/slicing n dicing 10lbs of rutabagas("From here on out referred to as turnips since that's what I grew up calling them as well as a slew of other folks.")
And the old adage when cooking them.....'they are done when the stones you throw in the pot are tender.' applies equally to their ease in peeling and cutting.

Never peeled a beet Cath, and am willing to go out on a limb here and betcha I NEVER WILL. And thanks for the tip on bread baking...never heard/knew that about substituting water for the milk. COOL n GROOVY! (y)

OK, this will never do.....2 of our own with no elbows fighting for table space. Let's all offer up 'TO GO PLATES' for our Friends here.
(2) THANKSGIVING PLATERS.....HUGE PLATTERS TO GO
Turkey and traditional bread stuffing
Turnips
Mashed potatoes, 'lumpy'
Potato Salad
Green bean casserole
baby peas
olives
pickles
dinner rolls
GRAVY
Pumpkin and Chocolate Pecan pie

napkins
with optional bungy cords to make room in the trousers

ENJOY,
Hack

·
Administrator
20,523 Posts
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to You and Your's Vinnie!

Arlo Guthrie, and Alice's Restaurant......YUP......you would have won that there bit of TRIVIA Pal. NEVER would have equated that to Thanksgiving. But after having to do a quick search.....it's actually a 'thing'. :unsure: :oops:
Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
22,591 Posts
Lots of food talk. Making egg and cheese sandwiches. Just Thankful to have a great job and nice roof over my head and a good running car.

Peets coffee is nice as well to replace the DD stuff my roommate bought. Black of course.

·
Administrator
61,137 Posts
Good morning everyone, Happy Thanksgiving. Looks like a great spread., off to work in a few after the dogs get fed. Have some can turkey and rice to supplement their kibble.
The dogs eat better than Perry and I. Enjoy the day :)

·
Super Moderator
24,426 Posts
Evening all,
Thanksgiving for me is tomorrow,, when Sis’s younguns are available,,,
Will be pointing in a far away direction and when ya look, will snag some goodies from youz guys’s tables, until then , heheh.

Ran some of my auction fodder stuff to mom’s garage ( 4 car,,, but so far, using one stall for combo auction stuff staging ) .Did a lil going thru stuff efforts while I was there.

Home now and appeasing the dawgs n parrots that reminded me I was not home for a good part of the day to cater to their needs🙄. I don’t own them , they own me 😵‍💫🥴😂.

Hope everyone has their stretchy pants on , enjoying the rest of the day .

·
Administrator
20,523 Posts
Arm Wood Finger Chess Indoor games and sports

STOP THE PRESSES! I finally beat Nate at chess! :unsure: .....hmmmmm.....did He let me?
After a belly busting Turkey dinner, the games began.....the Girls are playing PHASE 10, and us Gents are chasing the King.
Through a coin toss I found a Scotch in my hand as opposed to a cup of joe.
ALMOST room for desert now.....maybe if'n I serve slowly?

Food Table Tableware Furniture Dishware

Food Tableware Ingredient Plate Recipe

I/WE ate too much.....and skipped the mandatory after feasting naps......so bed is close....REAL CLOSE!

Ignore if there's a lag in time....got distracted, and didn't post.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to All!
Hack

·
Administrator
61,137 Posts
Evening all, done with long shift at work. Holiday is up in air, Big diner in town, but I don t drive after dark, Daughter is staying home with sick grankid, Offer of dinner down the road( 1/2 mile) depends on jojo opting for walker or wheel chair

1 - 20 of 20 Posts