The Reef Tank banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Administrator
47,473 Posts
Morning gang, cheifs coffee indeed, it gets things done and wins wars,. My local VFW/ Legion hall is hosting a Veterans Thanksgiving Dinner.
Had a nice breakfast at the Hotel. Heading over to her son's pretty soon, then over to other sons for dinner and back to relax before the long drive back home.
Happy Thaksgiving to everyone out there

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I was just thinking of my time in the service, I remember the holiday meals in the mess hall, I only got home one time during my time in the military. We have so much to be thankful for, today all over the world service men and women will not be home with their families. God bless everyone of them
A BIG AMEN Pal, and THANK YOU for remembering Them!
Yup, only made it home once, and THAT was a huge to do! Other than THAT occasion the only one that sticks in my mind was a lonely walk off base on a drear, drizzly day into town to a Deny's, where I met others on a similar mission, and dinned with them.....Loneliness didn't dine with us that day.
Hack

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
And to you and Your's Doug.....HAPPY THANKS GIVING! Sorry you got to drive home tonight.....though most will probably be on a long weekend sparing you the bumper to bumper none sense.
Hack

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
HI Jeff......was getting concerned. HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Good news with Molly!
I was scarce myself yesterday due mostly to my ineptness with technology.....but to borrow a phrase....'I'm back....'.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,534 Posts
gGood afternoon, everyone!

Lots of food talk going on around here today. Yummmmy...

Doug - Good for you for having a for-real vacation! Have a safe drive home.

I forgot the cranberry sauce
Here ya go, Vinnie. I make it all the time.
Did I hear you right that the sight was down yesterday?

Jeff - I was wondering about your whereabouts yesterday as well.
Hahaha with Scruffy taking a shining for possible play time with Molly.
Is your mom going over to your sisters place?

When I was growing up in Lebanon, PA, outer Thanksgiving feast was at our house house or Dad’s sister’s place. Our table was just about exactly like Hack’s spread. One thing is missing here.... Shoo-Fly Pie! It was a year-round standard for gatherings.

More later, I better get going with cleaning up the messes I’ve made. My style is to clean up as I go along, but it’s more difficult to do that in a tiny kitchen. It’s also more critical in a tiny kitchen. 🤔

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
416 Posts
They found an last minute resolution to an issue and pushed the usual Tuesday weekly update to yesterday so it could be included. That was likely the interruption you saw.

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Yeah this and OneFora was down for a bit....at first thought it was me again, till I tried an off site.
Hack

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Dinner is over.....desert is done.....coffee drank.....and now I'm DONE!
Everyone has their feet up, and Mitch Miller and His Gang are serenading us. THAT was a delightful day, and hope All have the same thoughts.

There can't be much on my plate, no pun intended, cause THAT'S how much energy I have left.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse and fresh water
26,043 Posts
We finished and are back home and relaxing, a pair of seahorses doing the mating dance, then a 2’nd male get in on it and get chase away. Will upload to seahorse thread, just have to get it on YouTube
But I will eat again, apple and pumpkin pie

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Not quite enough room yet, but there is Pumpkin, Dutch Apple, and Chocolate Pecan pies await the brave.
Hack

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,670 Posts
Good nawnin’, Hack, Rick, GEOEGE, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, pies, and whatever else’s people bring to the table. I’ll add hot chocolate to warm your toes, pancakes with VT maple syrup, dippy eggs, apples and nanners.

Hack - I can smell the aroma of your house down here!

Rick - We are glad to see your red maple leaf at our table! Enjoy the spread! BTW... did figure out your Double Double yesterday? That can mess up your day.

GEORGE!! It’s so good to see you! Happy Thanksgiving to you and Chris! How are Gunther and Heidi doing?

I better post this before Hack gets out the pots and pans.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!
The pups are good thanks! Glad to see you!

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,670 Posts
Good morning Hack, Rick, George, Cath and all,

sure is busy here already, I’m still waking up

George it’s good seeing you this thanksgiving morning. How’s the family?

going to add a pot of coffee,

Waiting for the lights to come on on the tank. See what the corals look like after the extended travel time, , I pretty’s sure the sea fans will be fine, but the rest are iffy.

I wish you all a happy thanksgiving
Doing pretty good Vin,hope all is well on your side,great to see you!

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
AMEN!!!!!!!
("Just saying....")
Hack

21 - 40 of 40 Posts