The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YES, yes it is......HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE.....even them in Canada!
Seems like only last year we did this.....how time flies when you're with Friends.

Slept as late as I could, which just ain't in my nature, so up and about. TRYING to get the hang of this new computer, and was able to zap my 1st alien with it. Baby steps. When MATTER and ANTI MATTER come in contact bad juju awaits....THAT'S where we are at the moment......and I know where my baseball bat is, and I surely ain't afraid to use it.

Coffee is up, and Our Home is filled with the aroma of fresh backed pies, so go on the prowl with Our blessings.
Will start rattling them pots and pans shortly around here.......dinning 'around' 4'ish, hack time. Got turkey to stuff and schlep in the oven, and turnips to peel. But not quite yet.
Hope peace and the meaning of today touches All,
Hack

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
416 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving to y'all. I will not be having turkey dinner today (insert LARGE sad face emoji here) but I will nip across the street for a double meat turkey sub just so I can take part in a small way. Enjoy everyone!

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Top of the morning Rick! Do You work today? (Insert LARGE sad face emoji here)......:confused:.....SORRY!

What's a 'Double double' by the way? I'm not an expert on 'fancy', but happy to accommodate.
Hack

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yup. I am at work - working is a bit of a stretch, but yes, at my place of employment. "Double Double" from yesterdays post? - the Canuck term for a coffee with double cream and double sugar. Also Triple Triple and if you really hate living healthy you can get a 4x4...four cream and 4 sugar.

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,670 Posts
Happy gobble, gobble 🦃 everyone! I’ll start you guys with a Jersey Taylor ham and cheese on a hard roll (Sorry Hack I know you southern Jersian say Porkroll). Coffee on too. Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Day even if your not celebrating a American Holiday.Hay Hack,New Computer? Figure out FB (face Book).

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GEORGE!!!! HAPPY THANKS GIVING to you and Chris! Figure out the new computer? I haven't even figured out the old computer......heck, my abacus for that matter......Pretty righteous with me fingers and toes though on a good day. :whistle:

Pork roll/taylor ham.....I'll call it GOLD if'n it gets Ya here more often Pal.
Hack

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A 'double double'.......Hmmmmmm, what do Ya know.....we're old friends and never knew it. I've got NO TROUBLE with a 4X4 when I feel the need to flush anything good out of my plumbing. o_O
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,534 Posts
Good nawnin’, Hack, Rick, GEOEGE, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, pies, and whatever else’s people bring to the table. I’ll add hot chocolate to warm your toes, pancakes with VT maple syrup, dippy eggs, apples and nanners.

Hack - I can smell the aroma of your house down here!

Rick - We are glad to see your red maple leaf at our table! Enjoy the spread! BTW... did figure out your Double Double yesterday? That can mess up your day.

GEORGE!! It’s so good to see you! Happy Thanksgiving to you and Chris! How are Gunther and Heidi doing?

I better post this before Hack gets out the pots and pans.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I better post this before Hack gets out the pots and pans.
Cath them there pots n pans have been rattling for an hour now.....just had the ear muffs on the computer to not disturb Y'All on a holiday.......YET! :giggle:
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse and fresh water
26,043 Posts
Good morning Hack, Rick, George, Cath and all,

sure is busy here already, I’m still waking up

George it’s good seeing you this thanksgiving morning. How’s the family?

going to add a pot of coffee,

Waiting for the lights to come on on the tank. See what the corals look like after the extended travel time, , I pretty’s sure the sea fans will be fine, but the rest are iffy.

I wish you all a happy thanksgiving

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HAPPY THANKSGIVING Vinnie to You and Your's!

Where in the heck is Louisiana.....only 1 time zone over/government approval? It's a wee past 9 am here.....so you're more than welcome to a little foot dragging on a holiday.

Very interested also to see your new arrivals. Fingers crossed with Ya.
Hack

·
Registered
416 Posts
A 'double double'.......Hmmmmmm, what do Ya know.....we're old friends and never knew it. I've got NO TROUBLE with a 4X4 when I feel the need to flush anything good out of my plumbing. o_O
Hack
Exactly. I will go 4x4 every now and then. I don't really like coffee - just drink it for the chemicals really. The sugar hides the taste and the milk makes it cool enough to gulp down.

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Family 'myths' of Thanksgiving cooking.

a/Turnips take as long as 'winkles and stones' to cook.
b/ Yams take as long as (a) :giggle:

As long as I take up space in this life, I'll always remember these TIPS.
Can see Mom in the kitchen early in the morning trying to cut up Turnips....
At the drain board with a butcher knife and a hammer......beating that knife through the turnips......me cringing with each swing of the hammer.

When I took over for my Family.....I cut off the ends with said knife with just my hand pressure.....then I cut that thing into manageable pieces, and handle just like a potato.
YES, they do take forever to cook...no bigger, get to cooking.
(Winkles), members of the snail/conk family....grew up on the bay, so a common notion.......You'd throw a hand full of stones in the pot with them, and when the stones were tender the Winkles would also be done.:p

Yams.......got me.....don't take any time at all in the oven next to the turkey....and listening to that old myth just makes a bloody mess as they ooze all over the oven.
Hack

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Exactly. I will go 4x4 every now and then. I don't really like coffee - just drink it for the chemicals really. The sugar hides the taste and the milk makes it cool enough to gulp down.
Learned to drink 'joe' in the Navy....wasn't a pretty sight......perking all night and probable then some...plops into the cup when you could get it to move. So to me coffee had to be BLACK and makes noise when poured. When I became a civilian my Family had their work cut out to break me of this ......they succeeded, but took a lot of effort. No it's gotta be hidden in cream n sugar. BUT one shot of the old stuff my wheels still fall off.
Hack

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Turnips, stuffing and the gravy, with glob s of potato salad, balanced with a dinner roll dripping in melted butter and gravy.....oh yeah.....,Heaven is with us indeed.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
I started drinking coffee at about age 6 or 7. My parents had me make the daily coffee and allowed me to drink. I can’t stand sugar in coffee. I don’t mine a little cream. But sugar I can’t do. I can also drink at night.

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
I was just thinking of my time in the service, I remember the holiday meals in the mess hall, I only got home one time during my time in the military. We have so much to be thankful for, today all over the world service men and women will not be home with their families. God bless everyone of them

·
Super Moderator
22,340 Posts
Morning all,
Happy Turkey ( or whatever floats yer boat)Day!

Since Mom is not doing holiday cooking /get together stuff now, will go over to Sis’s later for grub.

Tried to post yesterday, TRT/interweb did not like me ,,

Molly the macaw is doing great, we spend a couple of hours together split into morning/evening with check ins during the day. Scruffy the middle mixed breed terrier mix does NOT like (or likes her a LOT and wants to meet her/play 🤷🏻‍♂️) when she is in the recliner with me in the evenings. Bellyaches/whines/barks all the while she it out with me. Hoping he gets over it in time, sigh. One cool thing ( dunno how she learned it from me in such a short time here ) is that I swear she said “shut up!” A few times while Scruff was carrying on. Did a audio recording of a later time she said it, sent it to Sis and she backed me up in feeling it was a “shut up”.
Somehow “shut up” in a parrot based home is not far fetched , haha. Mebbe she picked it up ( in her short 3 months on earth) at her Prev home🤷🏻‍♂️.
Working on “good girl”,,, fingers crossed . She already knows “step up “or “up “ based on that being said when training her to step up to a hand.

Even though I was pretty sure she has been eating since she got here, was nice to see her go to her food dishes and chow down. While I saw food remnants on the cage floor, I’m the back of my mind I was wondering if she was eating, and properly. Big sigh😉.

Added beak activity wood to depleted items for the sun conures, along with moving some of the toys around the cage to keep interest up for them.
they checked the new stuff out soon after👍🏼.

riding mower teamed up with the Trac Vachad the mow deck smoking from somewhere when I used it at mom’s,, in the shop now for checking it out, could be a simple fix( crud under mow deck binding things up, or just about anything else🥴🤷🏻‍♂️)Will replace drive and deck belts while I have it “up on the rack”.

On to the day,

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

Reactions: VWD
1 - 20 of 40 Posts