The Reef Tank banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ya, i'm sorta cheatin on the mornin post,,,:rolleyes:
got off work i lil bit ago, ( got Lime burns , and got myself and the two co-workers(Industrial Electricians) collective butts "kicked" at work this evening..With the drive home , and the one BACK to work in da mornin'(1 hr, one way), i figger i would start the mornin thread now,,,b4 i head off for my 3 1/2 hrs o sleep b4 leavin fer work .
wife's headin off to Indy fer her fathers day, i'm gonna go swing by my Dad's after work,,,(pizza, and wind up /spoil my three nephews, two are god-sons)
DINK household here, (Double Income, No Kids), mebbe i'll get a Dad's Day card from da canines,,,and fish, and birds,,,,(i oughta)
i (we, dogs,fish , birds etc.) gave a Mother's Day card to my wife ,,
paw prints, bird foot prints etc. to "Mom",,,Buster , one of the mini doxies, has now 3 instead of 4 nails on a front paw(porch-leaping off accident) so his paw print was one less than the other,:)
All you Dad's out there, enjoy your Day:beer: :dance:
enjoy what you have there,,:D
DRAT,,,now it's more like 3 hrs o sleep!
oh well,,,:rolleyes:

·
One Happy Member
874 Posts
I too wish all you fathers a great day with your families. It is to be a peaceful Sunday here with 80 deg. and sunshine.

Yesterday I gave away all my clownfish babies to members of the Wisconsin Reef Society, figured they will get good homes.

Today it is is my water change and then off to my father-in-laws for a family get-together.

For those of you with your father stilll living, you never know when it will be the last, so keep that in mind.

Homer

·
Super Moderator
28,194 Posts
Good Mawnin' TRT and happy father's day to ALL kinds of Dads.

hey there Homer and Jeff. You are so right on enjoying your Dad while he's still on this side.

And Jeff... You're a good daddy to your critters PLUS being a godfather to those boys is a loving and important position. There are several others in the DINK family here on TRT, and they are all good at being parents to their families.

To all you dads out there, and those dads who are both Mom and Dad, I'm here to give you all great big hugs of appreciation. Today my sister and I will go over to dad's place and have a cookout with him. Do some gardening things (with him doing the pointing job ;) )

Lots of love and hugs to the TRT family:dance: :dance: :dance:

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Everyone enjoy their day with their dad! Every day is special when you have a Dad! My dad was taken from me at an early age! He turned 58 on a Saturday and died that following Monday of a massive heart attack!

May he rest in peace and be happy where ever he is!! Maybe he is with mom some where up there!!!

Well I did--------Oh Shoot!-----------back now as I was going to say I made up 5 gallons of top-off water this morning and forgot the last gallon was still running!!:eek:

Pat is quite sore in spots today as her ankle gave out on her when we were fishing! I glanced over at her when I was fishing and she was on her hands and knees and thought she was checking out a critter or something. She is like that!:rolleyes:

God Bless and have a nice Sunday and Father's Day!!:dance:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Good Morning TRT!!!
And a great day to all the fathers!
My dad traveled yesterday to be with the rest of the family. I'm glad we already had the Father's week.

Let's make everyday Mom and Dad's day....
:beer:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Happy Fathers day everybody... the wife and kids are getting ready to take me out to breakfast, so I thought I'd make a quick stop-in while drinking my morning fix... er, coffee. :D
Just think... we had to have kids just to get in on an extra holiday during the year... is it worth it?
Hell yeah it is... :D
My kids may be a pain sometimes, but I wouldn't trade them for anything... even a 500 gallon reef... :D
Happy day to all.

David

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Happy fathers day to my fellow father reefers :)

i just pulled my sorry self out of bed :D

my family (same huge group that was here on easter) is supposed to start showing up around 2:00 today. Asia has been at my moms since school got out, but she called a few minutes ago to wish me happy fathers day, and to tell me she got me lots of cool stuff. She said it will be my best fathers day ever, and wil make up for last year. (i was on my "vacation" last year during fathers day) So i'm pretty excited to see what she got me!

well, i spose i better get my butt in gear before folks show up.

havea great day everyone, and for those of you whose fathers have already passed on, remember to tell them happy fathers day too...they are listening ;)

jay

·
Registered
398 Posts
I just wanted to say happy F day to everyone as well, but want to say happy Father's day with even more emphasis to those single father's out there!

Today we are going to the local cheese fest to watch the parade, and then I have to work tonight. BTW Jay, I beat ya! I just crawled out myself!

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there, whether they be dads of kidlets, or dads of varmints :D Step-dads, fathers-in-law, father-figures, mentors, all of you are very important!!! If you don't have your dad, but you have a "second dad", hug him today too!!! I've had some wonderful dad-types in my life. Some are still here, some have passed on, but I know they all love me and I love them :D

Happy Sunday to one and all!

Jenn

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Happy Sunday everyone! And Happy Father's Day. :)

Had a blast at the airshow yesterday... the only draw back..I think I have what feels like a 3rd degree sunburn on my neck now..:( Oh well, it was worth it.. :) Oh the pain...the pain!

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Happy Father's Day to all of the Dads out there and I hope everyone enjoys this day in the company of those you love best!

I'm up here at Mike's with my family; the kids are getting ready to go swimming in the lake (Brrrrrrrr) and Steve and I are getting ready to go back out on our quest for a living space. Wheeee. I think I'd rather go swim in the lake ;)

Alice

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
I'm up here at Mike's with my family; the kids are getting ready to go swimming in the lake
wow thats very generous of mike to let the kids swim in his tank :D

good luck house huntin'!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Good afternoon TRT! I would have posted earlier, but I have not fully recovered from my fishing trip yesterday. I had a great time with my father. We caught a ton of fish, but it was a conservation area, so we had to stick with some pretty strict limits. All three of us caught our limit for Bluegill (5 over 8" and 10 under 8". We also brought home a few crappy and bass. We caught lots of good bass, but we could not keep anything larger than 12" and smaller than 15". I caught 3 that measured just under 15" so I had to throw them back.:( Maybe they will grow and I will get them next time. In the end, I think I brought home 15 nice Bluegill and 2 crappy. They are still on ice waiting to be cleaned.

I hope everyone has a great Fathers day! I know my father and I had a wonderful day together yesterday!

Jeremy:
I know what you feel with the sunburn. Danielle freaked out a little when she saw me last night. My father testified that I was religious about reapplying sunblock, but I missed my neck, shoulders, ears, and the tops of my legs.:rolleyes: I have definately been feeling some heat from then burns.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Happy Father's Day all you Dads out there!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.