The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another day, another........BRRrrrrrrrrr, and another.......Something wet. WINTER IS ALIVE n WELL in South Jersey, and most of the N'East.

Coffee is up, as well as Your's truly, and breakfast.......I'm sure eventually. Will be heading out at a 'relatively' early hour for a little 'fun shopping', and to pick up our Son before the snot starts falling around mid-day.

Jeff.......I am soooooo honored of your offer to show me our 'club's secret hand shake', but sadly I broke one of it's mantras.....I slept till 5:00 this morning.;)

May peace n grooviness rise up to meet Y'All,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,695 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack and all of the sleepyhead TRT folks.

Thank for the coffee, Hack! Hot chocolate is up. Let’s have dippy eggs, toast, nanners and oranges, and surprise breakfast meat by Hack.
Yay for sleeping in until 5:00!
Remember to take a photo of Nate’s newly completed gun cabinet.

Doug - Agreed on how time consuming and expensive it is to find a phone that has good coverage in your area. For years I used Consumer Cellular for the good price and customer service. But it didn’t cover well in the hinterlands. So I switched to T-Mobile and am very pleased. But I know that good or bad coverage is very regional.

Jeff - interesting detail about the real world of working in a coke plant, though I know you toned it down for possible tender ears around here.
Sorry to hear about your buddy testing positive for Covid. Just desserts for the department slacker having to WORK wheike others are out.

I better get going so Hack can see what I put on the breakfast table.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
15,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HAPPY SATURDAY Cath!

It's COLD out there, but braved the elements for the good of the team......
20210213_094533_resized.jpg
20210213_094410_resized.jpg
20210213_092931_resized.jpg
Please pardon the glare in the shop photos, and the cold induced shaking.....brrrrrrrr.
Hack

·
15,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
.......Pick on someone your own size.....
20210211_154635_resized.jpg
.......Hmmmmmm 🤔

20210211_154522_resized.jpg
THERE....She is my size!😁

20210211_154240_resized.jpg
.......You too!

20210211_154228_resized.jpg
Oliver, you ain't going to like this....DUCK! Oooooops, He didn't. ;)

Yeah, there's fun to be had no matter what the weather.
Hack

·
Administrator
46,490 Posts
Morning all, we got windy rainy storm stuff happening. Primary internet is down, using the other one I keep for the boys "schoolwork"
Hack, gun cabinet is looking good, like the scrollwork up top

·
Super Moderator
26,695 Posts
HAPPY SATURDAY Cath!

It's COLD out there, but braved the elements for the good of the team......
View attachment 240929
View attachment 240930
View attachment 240931
Please pardon the glare in the shop photos, and the cold induced shaking.....brrrrrrrr.
Hack
Handsome work, Hack, and Nate!🥳🥳

.......Pick on someone your own size.....
View attachment 240932
.......Hmmmmmm 🤔

View attachment 240933
THERE....She is my size!😁

View attachment 240934
.......You too!

View attachment 240935
Oliver, you ain't going to like this....DUCK! Oooooops, He didn't. ;)

Yeah, there's fun to be had no matter what the weather.
Hack
Looks like great fun! Who’s the little girl?

Hack - Amish, Mennonite fiction is extremely popular down here. I haven’t heard of those authors that Jen is reading....prolly because I retired 5 years ago.😋

Morning all, we got windy rainy storm stuff happening. Primary internet is down, using the other one I keep for the boys "schoolwork"
Hack, gun cabinet is looking good, like the scrollwork up top
Argh with your main internet being down. What a pain that is.:(

Black beans and rice chili for lunch. Plenty to share, guys.

·
15,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to a cold n wet afternoon Folks! Home from our running around including having our Son back home.....NOW the snot can hit the fan, weatherly speaking. 'Rain', I think, is coming down at the moment, but 28 degrees says, 'Uhhhhh?', so expecting the rain to at least be slippery before it turns white.

THANKS for the accolades Friends.....,,.it was fun. Love doing things with 'Mini Me'. Got it in the house, and awaiting a 'room cleaning' session before we can place it in Hack's room.

The 'Little Girl' Cath was one of the 'Grandbabies' we watch/Jen home schools......pretty much always over here.

Pretty sure, speaking of cleaning, have a reef tank calling my name for the afternoon. Tootles to All,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,695 Posts
Helloooooo out there? Suppertime around here. I had an unusual supper..broccoli omelette and a sweet potato. Not my best offering, but it was kinda good.

I’m in a Zoom film discussion group that will meet on Tuesday at 4:00. The film for discussion is Pan’s Labyrinth. Ick. I couldn’t watch all of it, but I’ll go to the discussion.

On with the evening. Grooviness for all!

·
Super Moderator
22,021 Posts
Evening all

Evening Cath, supper there sounds good. Just had some chicken stir fry here,,
Not to worry Hack, 5 am when it comes to be the wake up hr and not as intended still falls under the Way Too Early Club by-laws. I'd like to see 6 am being my wakeup time once again,,, early for some, ok by me,
Doug, hope you got yer internet back up , and the storms have vacated.
Here, seemed like there was snow in the air all day. Not much new on the ground, but felt it when going outside. Rumor of a couple inches of the white stuff might occur here, along with the second coldest wind chill morning coming in the morning,,, -35 degree windchill,, not on my list of "brisk".

Semi puttered out in the shop during the day, finally got the glass insulator drilling assembly line going.. Practiced on a few chipped insulators, felt I had it down well enuf to start on the good ones to eventually put out there for sale. In the hr I drilled, prob got 25 done,, and IF they sell for $25 each like those on ebay seem to do,, not a bad hourly rate,, and pure profit was started after the first 2 getting drilled. Tho I'm thinking and wishing ahead of myself (on selling most/all of them eventually), not a bad profit margin for spending a whole $2 for the 200 or so of em, and knowing I'd do "something" with them after having them hibernate in the pole barn for 15 or so years......

Sis is in the market for a new HVAC unit for her sunroom/bird room. current one has given up the ghost to the point I convinced her it would be putting good money into bad . It is identical to those one would see in most hotel/motel rooms. Prev. homeowners put it in and hardly used it, so it fit well with Sis's parrots/critters for hot//cold seasons, Found a place that refurb's motel units and resells em for 1/2 of new,, I was leery of them at first but after some research it seems to be worth the money/gamble.Sis is cool with them so will prob have her order one and get it shipped to me here (Forklift availability to offload it from the delivery/shipping semi.) Plan on harvesting the good organs from the old unit, for spare parts before recycle if/when the new one will be in need , hopefully WAY down the road, heheh.

Hot shower next ,then comfy chair time with the newest dawg in the pack here,,,

Hope everyone had a great day!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts