The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mornin' all! Wat? everyone else still sawing logs?let's GO!
first nite inna week , sleepin' in my own bed,,,gotta load up stuff and run it over for a car show swap/swap meet today for a show tomorrow. then it's off to my first time eligible, 25 service picnic for work. held at a county fairgrounds,,,,hope to see some of my "older "co-workers from the "ol' days":) got one more week vacation to go , got penty of stuff planned to get done,,,,ummm,, ask Jay ,he'll tell ya all the stuff i'll be doing.
everyone have a great Saturday/weekend.

·
One Happy Member
874 Posts
Morning all. I am at work once again this Sat. morning but only for a couple hours. Today is water change day in my 90g. I went to visit my LFS yesterday after receiving an email that he had some corals in. I get there and they were PLASTIC!! I thought the prices were too good.

Homer

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Good Morning Everyone!

Well today I do a big maintenance on my tank. Going to do a really good glass cleaning, clean the PH's and skimmer! Also a water change either today or tomorrow!

Probably watch a couple of college football games and I know one will be the Montana Grizzlies against North Dakota State!

Everyone enjoy your Saturday and let's all send each other a hug or maybe a key to your heart!:)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
morning... just got up. ughh.

was in the garage until about 4 am finishing the plumbing. today is the wet test :eek: i've got every possible finger and toe crossed.

almost lost the tank last night.

the stand is right in front of the garage door. moved it there last night so i could work on the plumbing. well, when i was all done. i hit the button for the door opener, and i'm waiting for it to get overhead, so i can stop it, and hit it again to go out. i hear the door making some strange noises. i turn around in time to see the entire stand tilted backwards at a firm 45 degrees!!!!!! i quickly did a double hit on the button to make the door start closing again. i ran over to grab the tank as it was beginning to slide off the back :eek: when all was under control, i noticed the doors to the sump area were open, and had gotton hooked on the bottom lip of the garage door, so i was lifting the stand with it. or rather lifting the front ..... nothing got broke. thank god. the brand new pump did fall off the back of the stand, but i had JUST finsihed hooking it up to the hoses, and it was swinging about 4 inches above teh concrete.

big time luck. i swear if you saw me move from the side of the garage over to catch that tank... man oh man... you've never seen a fat man move so fast!!!!!

anyway all is well, so today will be the wet plumbing test.. and hoepfully the INSIDE is all that gets wet!!!

have a great day everyone!
jay

·
Super Moderator
27,676 Posts
Egad, guys!

Good Mawnin' TRT!!!

What a tough wake from you all :eek: I must say that it rivals the cube call.

Jeff it sure is good to see you back! I do want to hear what else you have going with your vacation, but if Jay tells me, my PM box will overflow fer sher ;)

Bummer on having to work, Homer. At least you can look forward to some quality time with your tank later in the day.

Jay - I'd like to suggest that you quit taking notes from Mike on "how to have fun with your tank". It's wearin' me out :rolleyes:

I better get my butt in gear. I need to make preparations to paint my DR. Gotta fix some dry wall first, and pick out just the right color to go with the stone laminate that will be installed. Plus I really need to do something with the beautiful LR that Tom gave me. etc, etc, etc..

Johnny - I shamelessly stole that heart waving a key from your post. Thankyouverymuch.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Sumpless and Proud
1,297 Posts
Good morning everyone!!

Wow! We slept in this morning. I didn't wake up until 8:30----very late for me....that 3 1/2 day work week really wore me out;)

Gotta a lot of housework to do today and I promised Mikayla that I'd take her over to her school to teach her some stuff about playing basketball. This is the first year that she can play on the city league and she wants to give it a try.

Tomorrow's football all day, so I gotta get my stuff done today so I can be a bum tomorrow.

Jay---you'd better take it easy with that tank....can't wait to see the pics....hope you'll do some step-by-step photography.

Have a good one!

J.

·
Super Moderator
27,676 Posts
Wooo Hooooo !!! Go for it Mikayla! I love love love hoop action.

I can see the headlines now: BRW's Daughter in The Paint!!! Makes TRT proud!

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
oh yeah jodi.. there'll be plenty of pcs... i've been taking pics since BEFORE mothers day :rolleyes:

this was SUPPOSED to b a TWO WEEK project :rolleyes:

·
Registered
64 Posts
TGI SATURDAY!!! hello all! been busy this am. Beth (daughter) popped a filling out of a tooth today, so we've been busy with that, other than that, pretty good. how's everyone else?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts