The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Just wanted to make sure I was the first to scream FRIDAY!!!!! Sorry if I woke anyone.

Today is stand working day.

Tomorrow is a trip to Mark Twain lake for a full day of fishing and drinking............

Dave

·
Super Moderator
27,664 Posts
OUCH, Dave! Are you still up? We can go around and beat on pots and pans to wake up everyone. How's that?

Sounds like you've got a tough couple of days ahead of you. Go for it, dude. Make us proud :D

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Morning all. Been working 12s all week, finally get to do an 8 today!! YEAH!!!!!!!!

·
One Happy Member
874 Posts
Morning all, A cloudy day here in cheesehead country. This is our big weekend, Walleye Weekend with lots of free stuff for families: fish fry, live bands playing, kids games, races, fishing tourny. Lets hope it doesn't rain all weekend.

Homer

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Good morning to you all...*still groggy* I hope my body gets use to the whole 8-5 thing again. Have to get up at 6:15 in order to shower, eat, check email, check boards, and still be able to leave and get to work on time. (Pending on traffic it could take from 31min to 1hr10min to get to work) :( Oh well, I have a paycheck coming..yea!

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Good Morning Everyone from Big Sky Country Montana!!!

It's +57 degrees and it feels cool outside!! Another long work week is completed and got checked again on my grading along with the other graders and I aced it again! When will they learn!:D

Got a doctor's appointment this morning and my son called and wants to go fishing tomorrow!

Hope everyone enjoys their Friday!:dance:

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
it's SUPPOSED To be nice this weekend. i'm hoping so i can get somework done on the stand. havent done anyhting to it, since i painted.

just got home an hour ago, i'm dead tired. time for a nap!

havea great day!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ugh....got home at 4:30...my wife went to work at 5:30, and my son woke up crying at 6....and hasn't gone back to sleep since...its 8:15 now....ugh im tired....

On the bright side he has filled 4 diapers since I got home...oh wait, thats not good either!

At this rate the stand won't even get touched today!

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
Good morning! Sasha had me up at 5:30, but I managed to get back to sleep for a bit more. She's going to the vet again today for her second round of puppy shots. (Which means I have GOT to give her a bath this morning! Stinky puppy!)

It's beautiful here, although it rained all night, and we might be in for more. Enjoy your Friday everyone!

Danielle

·
Administrator
47,617 Posts
Good Morning:D
Short day for me at work, but I have a long drive to enjoy in the mid 90 heat, better than cold and rainy :)

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
well it's been an interesting morning already., i figured since i've come down with a summer cold, and cant breath, let alone smell, i figured it wasa good time to make some new blender mush! since the stuff makes the house smell to high heaven!!

this batch was made using:
2 giant sea scallops
4 large shrimp
1 medium sized crawfish
1 king crab leg
4 large oysters
3 garlic cloves
and some RO water.

it made 2 baggies, will last me about 2 months or more!

i didn't smell a thing. asia said it smelled like the bathrooms when we go camping :funny:

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Morning folks!

Looks like most everyone has positive things happening on a Friday morning, well, except maybe Dave with the diaper-o-rama :funny:

It was 95 here yesterday and going to be 97 today! :eek: Record breaking temps all over the area; thank goodness the humidity is so low. I don't do well in the heat though and no A/C in car or house-"Mom's grumpy" are the watchwords of the day ;)

TGIF!! :dance:

Alice

·
Registered
133 Posts
Good morning TRT! Sounds like everyone has very fun and/or productive Fridays planned!

After work, we will be masking off the trim and ceiling in the master bed and bath so we can start painting soon. Very exciting! Then we will settle down and watch Windtalkers.

Geoff has been talking about doing blender mush for a while. Jay, is that a personal recipe or are you basing it on some recommendations? And what is the garlic for?

And on a reef-related note (imagine that), the pH in the 125 keeps hanging out on the low side (like 7.8 - 7.9). We **think** we may have a CO2 problem in the house (we don't have a detector). Has anyone had any experience with this sort of thing? Would an air purifier help? Ozonator? :confused:

Have a great weekend everyone! :cool:

:dance:

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
Morning all.

busy morning here.

Newfiemom-the garlic is used to help the immune system, it is also good at stimulating the appetites.

Jay-i do not get why the crawfish. i always heard to stay away from FW critters as food for SW fish.

busy weekend as usual,

G~

·
Administrator
47,617 Posts
"Jay-i do not get why the crawfish. i always heard to stay away from FW critters as food for SW fish."
cheap filler ;)
(quote) And on a reef-related note (imagine that), the pH in the 125 keeps hanging out on the low side (like 7.8 - 7.9). We **think** we may have a CO2 problem in the house (we don't have a detector). Has anyone had any experience with this sort of thing? Would an air purifier help? Ozonator? (quote)
Is the house well sealed, you may de closing house and trapping stagnent air inside. Is there any way to introduce outside air into the skimmer?

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Good Friday Morning...

Not much to report in... my 125 was getting cloudy, so I ran my skimmer on it for a couple of days and it's crystal clear.... Now I need to talk my wife into letting me buy the other Berlin skimmer they had at that place to run on the 30 gallon.... $35... :D

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
nikki, yup the garlic is to help the immune system, helps ward off ich, and stimulates the appetite.

geoff.. i think doug's got it. it's cheap filler :) i've never heard NOT to use it, other than being told not to use fw fish (bass, perch, cat, etc..) i mostly put it in jsut to havea variety of meats, instead of just shrimp and scallops.

oh nikki, the recipe, well, i'm not sure anyone makes it the same way, and i dont think anyone actually makes it the same way twice :funny:

my batches are always jsut based on whatever is available at the time. i used to put nori in it, but none of my fish ever eat the nori, they jsut let it float down. i always add garlic andscallops, as they are always availble, crawfish, oysters, and shrimp, when they are there. sometimes they are out. :(

buzz...three words... jedi mind trick

·
Registered
419 Posts
good morning TRT ... day started at 0530 with some bball .. then off to work! Then this afternoon I'm supposed to be able to pick my 75gal! Then the fun begins.... need to build a stand and get plumbing for it too! Maybe I can invite Jay down here to TX and convince him to build my stand for me? Although we've had very wet weather for the last 3 days.

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Originally posted by Geoff...
... And on a reef-related note (imagine that), the pH in the 125 keeps hanging out on the low side (like 7.8 - 7.9). We **think** we may have a CO2 problem in the house ...
Hey Geoff, I responded to your thread at the source...

Danielle, the garlic is there just in case you keep Margarita mix in the freezer (as I do ) in baggies like the blender mush, if you accidently get the wrong one ( :eek: ), just add some tobasco sauce and...

you're good to go, donchano...
:dance: :p :p :p :dance:

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
jim it might be a bit difficult to convince my P.O. to let me go to texas.. really i'm jsut going to build a fish stand, i swear!

on the other hand, i'm building a canopy and shipping it to stevejess, but somehow i think shipping a stand would cost 4 arms and 6 legs :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts