The Reef Tank banner

HANG ON Saturday!

1K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  Phishnoob 
#1 ·
First morning of a weekend long 'sleepless over'.....
Good morning, and HAPPY SATURDAY!

A home full of 4-5' Kids seemed larger than a home full of 6'+ teenagers.....choose your space, and DEFEND IT!
Food bill, not even throwing 'inflation' into the mix, is proportionally higher as well. A couple dozen eggs once sufficed, now......well at least we can BBQ the chickens for dinner. 😁

Coffee is up, and had been started several times through the night when Nate thought I was getting up.....only to shut it off in a hurry when He realized they were only false alarms. 6a, yeah, it's the real thing.

Got to admit the crowd was much quieter now, than when the air was filled with 'children screeching'.....that pitch was spine tingling.

Supposed to be rain today, but my nose was dry when I stuck it out to let the dogs in?

Hack
Oooooops, Dunkin Donuts on the counter, table, chairs, couch.....beds.....

See less See more
#2 ·
HEY VINNIE!......

Water Hat Sun hat Lake Travel

Com'on now, day's a wasting!
Hack

#3 ·
Mornin Hack. Cininniminnnimmmon rolls and coffee here. I got all the painting done yesterday. I will do a final light sand on the railing at some point and add another coat. It had a few spots that were a little bumpy from stuff in the paint. I will let it dry for a while and so that on a rainy weekend. I will put up some pics for y’all later.

Off to take a flower basket of two to my mom for Mother’s Day tomorrow. I will be working.

I picked up the 2” socket I need to inspect the clutch on the bike. That will be this afternoon I am hoping. May drop the OEM exhaust and put the headers on as well. We will see.

Have a great day all.

#4 ·
Good morning Pal....
I'm safely huddled in the corner with a box of doughnuts and my coffee......

Mother's Day is in flux round here.......PLANS for my Wife is becoming dicey watching the weather, and Squirt mentioned we'll be doing something over at their home tomorrow honoring Her 1st Mother's Day......I'm being, flexible'. :unsure: :sneaky:
Hack

#6 ·
Good morning Pal....
I'm safely huddled in the corner with a box of doughnuts and my coffee......

Mother's Day is in flux round here.......PLANS for my Wife is becoming dicey watching the weather, and Squirt mentioned we'll be doing something over at their home tomorrow honoring Her 1st Mother's Day......I'm being, flexible'. :unsure: :sneaky:
Hack
Sorry to dump this rain over the fence.

#5 · (Edited)
I don't happen to have a 2 inch socket.

Michele is up early handing out food at her church. The line is pretty long and people from every walk of life will wait hours for staples to eat. The cops come and make the cutoff.

Got a couple of small engines to fix today keeping our dead end going in the 'hood. The neighbor has miles of tape on her mower that can be fixed with two bolts.

Heidi is a keeper of a dog. She is fitting right in here and a great security dog. Barking is way more effective and low risk than much more escalated alternatives. She doesn't bark much, but if someone is coming to our door then we know. Beagles are not great city dogs, but someone has to take her on.

What to cook, what to cook.

#7 ·
Good morning everyone,

it’s a clear and sunny morning here in south Louisiana.

I sold a neon Camel cigarette sign last nite I had hanging in the garage. The guy been wanting it for a long time so I made him a deal.

Looking forward to picking up the new boat today. Will have to part it in front yard for now . It’s larger than my bass boat and we will probably have to make the gate to the back yard wider. The bass boat already in driveway.

Hack not sure how soon I will get this boat out in the water. Mother’s Day weekend and all. All I know is Kristine is excited about this one. Never was a fan of the bsss boat.

#9 ·
Good mawnin’, Hack, Rick, Vinnie, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, and sweet treats, guys! I’ll add biscuits and gravy for a sweet killer, nanners, and a fruit cup. I don’t like to put sliced nothing matters in the fruit cup, because they get mushy. Oh, and a plain egg and cheese biscuit for me.

Hack - I was pleased to read that you told your boss NO one day this week! THAT’S THE SPIRIT! YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO SAY THAT BECAUSE YOU WORK HARD AND IN GREAT PERIL FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY. AND SOMETIMES HE THINKS HE CAN JUST RATTLE OFF SOME OTHER OFFHAND THING IT WOULD BE “FUN. “bb no shouting intended.

I have no idea how that post turned out to be in all caps.

IMHO I think Mother’s Day celebration at Sam’s would be a great idea. It is extra special for Squirt.

Rick! Bravo for all the work you’re getting done on your day off. You’re right, photos are needed to prove that you actually did that work.😂

Perry, Heidi sounds like a good girl to have around. Beagles are smart like that. Plus, she’s got a good home with you.

Vinnie, have fun getting that boat today! We are all excited for you. Do you need to post pictures as well

Please take a look at that link of the percussion ensemble concert that I went to last night. There’s only one senior in that group, and that is Julia. She is going to be majoring in music and health sciences at Coastal Carolina University. She’s not only a fine musician, but she’s tall and plays basketball, and she is a mover and shaker for doing things for others.

I better get started with the day.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

#11 ·
I feel Ya Doug! Was off myself this weekend till I got a call from the boss over my morning coffee......'had a couple boats to launch'. NOT REALLY EITHER 'EMERGENCY or PRIORITY'.......yes Cath, I MEANT THEM TO BE CAPITALIZED to show mild irritation.
Hack

#12 ·
SORRY......'my taxi service' was required. :rolleyes:

Cath, I was shocked to think that was a high school venue in that video......enjoyed it, THANKS!(y):cool:

THAT'S half the battle Vinnie......having the 'Better half' on board with Ya. ("Pun intended.") Can't find a 'hobby' Jen shares with me......other than feigning it out of pure love. The reef tank when it was up stairs here I think came the closest.......She did love showing it off and bragging on it.

Hack

#21 ·
Good evening, all!

SORRY......'my taxi service' was required. :rolleyes:

Cath, I was shocked to think that was a high school venue in that video......enjoyed it, THANKS!(y):cool:

THAT'S half the battle Vinnie......having the 'Better half' on board with Ya. ("Pun intended.") Can't find a 'hobby' Jen shares with me......other than feigning it out of pure love. The reef tank when it was up stairs here I think came the closest.......She did love showing it off and bragging on it.

Hack
Hack - so glad you like that video of the Soartanburg High School percussion ensemble. They are known far and wide for their precision and exciting performances. The way I see it, no musical performance is exciting if you can’t feel the excitement coming from the performers. A technically correct is performance not as exciting as a thrilling performance with a missed note here and there.

Jeff - the dogs playing in the kiswimming pool sure looks refreshing and fun! Keep posting photos of your doggies, and your birds while you’re at it. We know you’re busy being in charge of all these critters, and you do such a good job with them.

Doug, I’m sorry Furg’s healing is going smoothly. I wonder what can be done about that. I know she wants to run and play in like other doggies, but that’s not such a good idea right now.c the morning massage. Sounds like a good idea.

Rick - call me Nervous Nellie, but your daughter’s surroundings where she’s staying sound a wee but scary to me.
Vinnie - Wooo hooo on your whole family going out for the day your ew Taho!🥳🥳

a lighter note
I can’t remember if I told you that I was going to have lunch with a bunch of college friends today. We went to the very famous dive here in town called The Beacon.

I stayed very far away with the things called “aplenty.”🫢😳. But I had fun visiting with my friends. 😂😂

On that note, I better quit typing. Everyone have a groovy evening. And if you hear extra noise tonight, it’s probably coming from Nate at his tribe of teen friends on a sleepless-over.

#13 ·
Afternoon, and happy Saturday to all,

Kept up the busy thing until now,,, got enuf done to warrant a slowdown ,,, will see how the recliner and lunch affect things,,,

Sis went to a “exotic pet show” up in Illinois this morning ,,,, found me ceramic dawg bowl that might keep Nash from pawing water out of it ,, like he does now . It’s cute when it’s outside,,, but not indoors , and getting my money’s worth out of the Bissell Crosswave with floor water 👍🏼😖

She sent me a pic of a Tibetan Mastiff pup there,,,, rescue had it , last one left out of 12 😳….. for some reason she is thinking about getting it ,,, and I thought I was the super dawg nut of the family. 2 GSDs, Great Mountainees Doodle, terrier mix and 3 doxies in my pack ….. Sis has a 100# whatever mixed breed,, Pyrdoodle, Murphy ‘s sister , and 60# mix and a elder teeny foo foo dog,,,, if she gets it she will easily win a family member dawg tug o war,,, she messed up and decided not to get a long coat GSD female of Nash’s littermates,,,, she gets no sympathy from me now , haha.

Nash LOVES his kiddie pool, took a whole 2 minutes before he went in and walked around in it, splashed water with his paws,,, even laid down in it,,, will get a screen grab of a vid I took and post it .

On to the day ,

Hope everyone is having a good one👍🏼

Reactions: hackshobby and cath
#22 ·
A Tibetan Mastiff is basically a bear. They are huge.
Yup, father is 180#, mom is 160#

Sis fell in love with a long coat female GSD in Nash’s litter, she went back n forth on getting her and ended up passing. IF she gets the mastiff pup, it’s my job to tease her on missing out on a (IMO) better dawg,,, along when ( if she gets it) she complains about drool , food bills, lack of floor space ,, 😂

#16 ·
Wow amazing Saturday here. I pulled the plug on some 70 dollar sandals from San Diego. Lost mine and am finally in a situation to blow the scratch on some million mile replacements hand built.

Heidi is a good wait in the car dog.

Life couldn't be better. Not asking for a lot. Have a great Saturday.

• Wow
Reactions: cath and hackshobby
#18 ·
Wow amazing Saturday here. I pulled the plug on some 70 dollar sandals from San Diego. Lost mine and am finally in a situation to blow the scratch on some million mile replacements hand built.
Mr. Buffet and I shake our heads in your general direction!

I scoff when my flip flops go above 10 for $10.00:eek: I'm happy with retreads, and bread wraper clips holding the things together.
We have a basket by the back door, and keep them filled with assorted size flip flops.
Font Art Electric blue Circle Auto part

Hack

#17 ·
Aftereve Gang, survive saturday work. not to bad but glad it done. So far we have maybe 84F with the breeze, temps creeping up and mid 90s and T storms mon :(
Not real happy with Furgs healing, but a lot of that is she is 15 months and usued to running and climbing trees, she gets bored laying around recuperating ( not good in a lab) I noticed when she gets up the paw is stiff and she favors it, but later it seems better, so I am going to start a morning massage routine.
Daughter made her great tater salad and I have Nathans Hot Dogs, thats gonna be dinner tonight. Might tr to reset the Firestick but if it is fubar ( freebie) I do have at least Netflix and Hulu on tablet or puter

#20 ·
Good evening,

Hot and humid here. Picked up the boat today. Took long than expected. Someone decided to cut the wire harness that plugs into truck. I guess they needed the plug. So they had to replace. They are going to replace the harness at my convenience. But I probably just let it go .No mechanics there do sale folk took it upon themselves and fixed. Did get a bunc of Tahoe hats out of the deal.

we are all going out tomorrow for Mother’s Day. The whole family.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.