The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into hang on back refugiums. CPR has 3 in different sizes. Would anyone care to share their experience with hang on refugiums? I was thinking about a 12x12x4 hang on for my tank.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I used the AquaFuge Refugium for my 37 Gallon for a while. It works great but I wish I had built a stand in the back to support the biggest one 25.5" x 4.5" x 12" . Even though this one also hang on, but I wouldn't trust the weight it will put on the backside of the tank. I sold mine recently as I moved on to a bigger tank with Sump in the stand.

The stand I am talking about for AquaFuge can be just like this one... (Forum will format it to little weired shape, but you get the idea

-------
|-----|

So, it will support the weight.

:beer:

·
Registered
150 Posts
I would suggest the biggest one that the opening in your acrylic will allow. If you have a glass aquarium then I would say just go for the biggest one. I myself bought the mid sized one and once my caulerpa began to grow and it was filled with critters, I only wished I had bought the bigger one. In fact, I just moved everything into a larger tank and the fact that I got to build a bigger refugium was one of the most fun parts! So I say bigger the better (ladies, um, ignore that lie)...

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
I love my hang on refugium. Everyone seems happy in there. :)

·
Registered
778 Posts
i ran an aquafuge18 on my 46bow. it was aright for being a small fuge. mine ended up becomeing a large turf mat of hair algea, and provide a great home for copepods. i never fed my mandarinfish, the fuge provided good munchies for him to feast on.
the water level does tend to get a bit close to the top if you ever have a power outage, and the pump restarts. i have had it overflow on more than one occasion, due to that.
:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.