Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
deathmatch782 said:
for hang on's many people like the Aqua C Remora skimmers
Lots of people do like these.... but I don't know why. I felt it was hard to adjust and high maintenance. Hated it, really.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I also hated mine. id rather do more water changes than spend money on that thing again.

It was really loud and all it ever seemed to was either produce nothing or go crazy and fill in minutes.

here is a review i wrote of a few hang ons a while back. I never did try the turbo floater but it sounds like people like it. http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=730752&highlight=deltec

·
Registered
239 Posts
I just upgraded to a ASM G3 so I have a Aqua C Remora that is going to be for sale including the prefilter. I thought It worked quite well for my 75, I never had nitrate problems ever, but I wanted something I Could move up with over the years as well as keep more fish in my tank then previously. PM me if your interested.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DwightKeenan - Did your bak-pak have the bio media in it (the blue stuff)? I am seeing them sold both ways...

·
Clown Fish!
395 Posts
Stay away from the Red Sea Prizm's. They seem to stop working and fill up with water really easily. When they fill with water they will deposit it on your floor. I have used the CPR's and the Remora. The Remora is one of the best skimmers I have ever had!

·
Registered
284 Posts
i have a aqua c remora pro hang on back skimmer laying around pm me if anyone wanna buy it

·
Registered
426 Posts
the bak paks work great, i actually just gave my to smeese with my 58 gal tank, otherwise i would have given it to you. i would recomend the bio bale they sell with it.

·
big fishy
941 Posts
I had a bakpac on my old 55 hex and it did the job. On the 85 hex I broke down and got the deltec hob. I have had it up and running for 6 months now and it does pull out some nasty stuff and is extremely quiet. Only issue I have with it is how long it took to break in and for whatever reason, it will on ocassion start producing a really wet foam and fill the cup with water.

Ken

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I'm using a Bakpak CPR 2r on my 29G for straight 3 years 24/7 without any problem. Just keep them clean including the powerhead and they will last forever. :nuts:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts