The Reef Tank banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a stupid question that I should already know the answer, but obviously I don’t. I have a 65 gallon tank over 3 years mature.3 heads of Hammerhead and everything in the tank has been doing great.Tonight while feeding I notice one of the hammerheads that the tentacles retracted/moved to the side to expose a small opening in the center.From the opening something that I can best describe as it looked like a clear featherduster would shoot out, grab food, retract then repeat.The hammerhead has appeared very healthy and looked perfectly healthy tonight before the tentacles cleared a path. Should I be concerned?Probably should also mention that I had to remove 2 Clark Clowns this past weekend which with all the moving of rock, the corals are in different positions than previous; therefore I may be seeing a side of the coral I never noticed before<O:p</O:p

·
Premium Member
11,065 Posts
No such thing as a stupid question! Sounds like a barnacle to me. I have one in my hammer too. Just a harmless (and cool!) filter feeder. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts