The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 321 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as a few of ya know, Halloween is just around the Corner...
and i am in to it big time, my neighbor and i do a free haunted house/yard for the kids and anyone brave enough to go in. we have scared young and old. but take it easy on the really young.. and yes we have seena few jeans come out "darker"..
so what do you all do for hallween?
i will try and get pics of the house and the build as we go along. we have about 800 in to it so far. and most everythign is almost ready to go up and in place come that speacial tuesday..( oh we only do one night) last year we had over 300 come.. and only word of mouth.. and it is free

·
Administrator
46,839 Posts
Thats sounds GREAT Tim, wish there was something like that around here, but this far out in the boonies, the elementary school has a carnival and thats about it. Most Kewl parents take there kids into town on Halloween to troll the upscale area of town ;)

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,659 Posts
That's great! I use to do that with freinds when we were younger and a freinds parents had this huge house that had a darkroom and big ten room basement that we turn into a funhouse.

·
Premium Member
20,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
from what i saw you had some great spooky stuff. : )
Heheheh ya should see some of the newer stuff that came in the other day...
my neighbor and i are on 1st name base with the local halloween companies now and a few in far away states...even got a email from a supplier about some new things they are thinking!

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
so what do you all do for hallween?
This year, I think I'll go to Tim's House of Horrors...sounds like fun.:banana:

Tim, I think it's great that you do this. Halloween has gotten to be a scary time for kids and it's great that you put so much into providing a good activity for them. We're fortunate in our area that there are so many different positive and safe Halloween activities. Door-to-door Trick or Treat is dying out but the organized fun is in.

Dick:)

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
This year I'm not working!!! :cop:

For the last 5 years at work we did a community project in the bad neighborhood where I work called Trunk or Treat. My self and about 25 different companies would fill our trunks with candy at a park in the hood and have the kids go from car to car and get safe candy! Also there would be a haunted house, movies and food it was a good time. But this year I need to be with my kids! I missed out the last several years and it is someone elses turn to enjoy the community.

·
80,000+ Christmas Lights
185 Posts
Last year I decorated late, the year before was early October.
I found out from some of the parents in the neighborhood that the kids were waiting to see the decorations go up
We thought it was starting to storm, thought there was lightning
Nope, kids were having their pictures taken with the inflatable ghosts & frankenstein

Working we get home "late" - 6:15pm, but everything is on timers
I may try to take the day off so I can be home

This is only the 3rd Halloween we have been in the house. Last year we bought the big size candy bars, we only have maybe 2 dozen kids show up. And I get to eat the leftovers :)

This year I'm planning more stuff, some DIY, some additional purchases

For Christmas I am adding a subpanel in the garage (once built) for the Christmas lights. I have approx 60a of lights, I start decorating after Thanksgiving. I only turn the lights on the night of Dec 1st, not before.
I leave them on until Dec 31st, then they get shut off
I was in the online paper last year. After Christmas last year we bought a lot more lights - a lot of LED's to cut down on electric cost ($500)

·
80,000+ Christmas Lights
185 Posts
I found some flame bulbs, so I'm going to use them for now in the Christmas candles that I put in the windows. I have extra dirt out in the side yard from some landscaping. So I am going to mound dirt & make a couple of graves & headstones

Sunday is October 1st, so that will be the start of the decorations

·
80,000+ Christmas Lights
185 Posts
Anyone used a fog machine?
I'm pretty sure I'm going to get one this year
Visual effects models get good reviews

·
80,000+ Christmas Lights
185 Posts
Uh....... haven't started decorating yet :evillaugh3:

·
Premium Member
20,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Anyone used a fog machine?
hahah ahhhhhhhhhh got 8 of them.... any where from 400 watts to 1400 with remotes.
if you adda strobe to the fod either right above the machine, or a few feet waway facing towards the people coming in to the room or hall it will have a really cool effect. yeah yeah yea i hear ya casey.. i do belive i have a few pics floating around

·
80,000+ Christmas Lights
185 Posts
I'm debating between 1 larger fogger over $100

or instead 3-4 smaller foggers at $20 each
But I want most on timers
Maybe just one by the front door I can manuualy trigger when someones at the door

I don't have any Halloween pics. I'll have to take some this year

1 - 20 of 321 Posts