The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we had to make another CLS. This time we are hoping for a better result. We had the manifold hanging under the glass supports on the last one, but this one rest on top of the glass. We didn't have a way to fully prime it before, but now we put some loc-line on the ends of the outlets which also have an off-on valve. We can turn it to fill the system then open them once the pump is going. I think it looks really cool. All you see is the loc-line coming down about 3-4 inches into the water. We should get it hooked up to the pump tonight when my hubby gets home. I hope to post some video of the flow it puts out. Sorry for the pics but I only have my blue lights on now. I'll post some more here in a few minutes.

Attachments

·
Cabana Boy
2,070 Posts
Looks good, looks like my setup. I found that if you have an outlet that is too strong, just get a lockline splitter and turn that particular outlet into 2 lines. Thats how Ive got it under control since I wanted some areas to have more flow than others

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope we don't need any more. We already spent around $80.00 dollars on just the loc-line. It looks cool though.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The pump is a 2400 Mag, and there are 8 outlets. They are on a 1 inch PVC tee that goes down to 1/2 then we have the loc-line on them. My husband came home this evening and said the black loc-line hanging down in the tank looked tough. He had to go to a meeting tonight, but I hope we can get it up and running tonight anyway.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well we didn't get to it last night so I guess it will be tonight. I hope we can figure out how to get a video of the flow and post it. I'm sure hubby knows, he seems to know all there is to know about computers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts