The Reef Tank banner

Had to Check Twice...It's Friday!

3K views 54 replies 11 participants last post by  Doug1 
#1 ·
Good Morning Everyone!:wavey:

I can't believe that Friday finally made it here! It's been a long 11 days!

#3 ·
Happy Friday Eric, I can't imagine 11 days, this 5 was brutal, tho not esp bad
nice long nap and 8 more then I am off for theweekend, they youngest Grandkid get his party this weekend, so that will be a big part of my weekend,
Hopefully I can catch up on some mowing, now that the fire danger is downgraded to high

#4 ·
Morning Everyone

Dell should be coming today to repair my puter !! I'm so excited

Chris and Amy stay safe keep ahead of the storm

Amy I hope Erin is feeling better today - when are we gonna see pics of the craft room?

Have a great day everyone

#14 ·
Good morning all!

Amy,.. I thought the sump and Prop tank were in your craft room? Did you not take a picture of that? Or did you change plans?

Well,. I'm beat,.. I didn't sleep a wink last night, as tired as I was I just couldn't do it, so sadly I don't think I'll be going to the race track tonight, I think I'll be going to bed.

Whiskey

#25 ·
Good morning all!

Amy,.. I thought the sump and Prop tank were in your craft room? Did you not take a picture of that? Or did you change plans?

Whiskey
no fish stuff in the craft room, too distracting and cluttery.

To answer your questions, after this last week I would completely scrapbook by myself at her house. Why? Because I won't be tempted to buy stuff I don't need. No, I would not do it if she wasn't home, even though I know she'd be okay with it because she's cool like that :D

Why not do it at my place? Two reasons. Both under 3 feet tall. Yes, I can shut the door but they still pound on it.

Maybe?
yes fish stuff is through that last door in the picture - and I am happy to say when the door is shut you really can't hear the "waves". The whole system is much quieter than the old one :)

And Jess I am working on cleaning it up, you can get to your table now :dance: So feel free to come on over, any time, but you know that already. I even have a cd player down there now so it won't be dead quiet.

smores are great, I may have to get some this week. winds are starting to pick up, and we're watching some smallville episodes. why do big storms always come in during the middle of the night? most intense stuff should be around 2am or so.
mmmm smores...

looks like we won't be camping outside this weekend... I heard something about tent basement, fireplace, smores.... we shall see.......

In other news my PT asked me if I am always so open with people... I laughed and said, you barely know anything about me! It seems most clients are quiet when they are being torchered... what fun is that, I mean really I spend like 6 hours a week with the guy - how can I not talk about SOMETHING!

I did find out his 19 yr old daughter wants to get into saltwater fish..... I told him I have a nice 29 gallon set up I would sell him.

#15 ·
Amy - is that paint the same color as my upstairs living room? :confused: With all that junk how am I supposed to invite myself over next Saturday to scrapbook either by myself or with you?

KIA - Have fun in Chicago.

Whiskey - I think all of Amy's stuff in now in the room off from the craft room (see door in last picture)

#16 ·
Amy - is that paint the same color as my upstairs living room? :confused: With all that junk how am I supposed to invite myself over next Saturday to scrapbook either by myself or with you?
This part made me go Huh? :confused: Do you really go over to her house to scrapbook alone? Like when Amy is not home? If so I must ask,.. why not just do it at your house?

Whiskey - I think all of Amy's stuff in now in the room off from the craft room (see door in last picture)
Oh,.. okay - I didn't remember about that at first, but now I think I remember,.. the part where she mixed her water before, right?

Whiskey

#19 ·
I do have some shopping to do though, I don't have any camping gear.
I'm jellos. I soooo would like to go camping. Falls here are nice weather for it.

When you say no camping gear, not even a sleeping bag? Are you having to get your own tent and campfire utensils? Just a friendly reminder to get a sleeping bag that's the right temp for where you'll be because I don't wanna hear no complaining about you being cold ;)

#20 ·
I'll take some pictures for you :)
The only thing I have is a sleeping bag, the only problem is that the zipper in the bottom is messed up so I need to find someone to sow it up or something.

I need a tent, campfire stuff, cooking stuff, I'm excited!!! I haven't been camping in probably 6 years, I kept trying to go, but every time something ended up happening and I didn't end up being able too.

I hope the gear isn't that pricey,.. if it is I'll just call it a birthday present to myself :)

Whiskey

#28 ·
Thanks, Jess. For anyone curious, here's a experimental model (though there's very little confidence in it's accuracy) of the potential storm surge. It's putting me at about 18-20 feet of water based on the black line track of the storm... any shift east is good for me, a little west is bad news (though 20-30 miles west would be fine). Black arrow is my house, green circle/arrow is my current location. Jess, you ready to talk me through insurance folks and flooding claims? ;)

Attachments

#30 ·
What if all the people in Mexico sneezed at the same time, would that help move the storm east? :eek:

I got called up to Austin (call center set up there) after Katrina. Spent two weeks from 7 am to 7 pm dealing with complaints/problems. Spent a couple of days wondering if we would be relocated to Ohio because of Rita's path. Then I got to deal with Katrina & Rita :) Oh the fun times. I was a manager and got what couldn't be handled easily. I have never been yelled at so much before in my life.

#39 ·
Getting true color on the puter screen is a problem, even if you adjust it so it looks right to you, no telling what it will look like out on everyone elses monitor :(

Job job Amy, change is usually a good thing, after the sweat is done

#42 ·
I sure hope that storm is no where near as bad as they expect. The news coverage looks pretty bad already. Keep us informed.

#45 ·
grr.. i hate Florida Highway Patrol.. i got a ticket today.. the idiot fhp guy tried to sound intelligent .. (could tell hes dumber than dirt.. lol) the bad thing is i wasn't on the highway.. i know i was speeding.. when i realized it i took my foot off the gas.. the idiot waits until i am stopped at a light in the center lane to "pull me over" says i was doing 70 in a 55.. i never went over 65 ..lol

i went to my ins co.. it was just up the street from where i got "pulled over".. they told me not to worry about it. being my first ticket it won't do anything to up my rates. question is do i fight it anyway.. or do i just eat the ticket.

#46 ·
They are talking about $5 a gallon gas here after tonight. Price is $3.69 right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.