The Reef Tank banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bubble Algae Warrior
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just made myself a Hofer Gurgle Buster....

Wish i did it sooner

my only worry is that a few rogue bits of bubble algae might clog it and cause a flood, but hopefully it won't because i really love how well it works. It only took about 20 minutes to put together, and it only took that long cause i had to change bits on my Dremel a few times...

wish me luck that it does not clog! :p

·
Perfeshunal Hikk
8,887 Posts
Congrats, they are definitely quiet.

I probably have enough of all the parts to make 100 or so of those. Maybe I should make them and offer them to TRT'ers?

·
Bubble Algae Warrior
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I probably have enough of all the parts to make 100 or so of those. Maybe I should make them and offer them to TRT'ers?
probably wouldn't be a bad idea. i think the most complicated part is drilling the 4 holes in the core pipe. it was more tedious than difficult because i had to use unconventional methods since i don't have a mini hole saw and i didn't want to use a stone.

·
Bubble Algae Warrior
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Perfeshunal Hikk
8,887 Posts
I was being a smart butt with jason with the link. But, the second link on the link above goes here and shows how to make one:

http://home.everestkc.net/jrobertson57268/HGB/HGB_construction.html

Have you read up on the beananimal overflows? Its a concept for the entire drain setup for redundancy, silence, and constant flow.

http://www.beananimal.com/projects/silent-and-fail-safe-aquarium-overflow-system.aspx

I only mention Beans because yours isn't set up yet and would be a lot easier to incorporate into yours now than later.

·
Eats Crayons
681 Posts
you could plug your aga holes and cut the overflow box out.... I hate how much realestate it takes up in my 75

·
Registered
188 Posts
yeah, but Ive already got SOOo much other stuff to do in order to get this tank up and running...dont really feel like adding anything else to my list.

·
Perfeshunal Hikk
8,887 Posts
With the tank already drilled, I would use the Hofer. On a tank that wasn't drilled yet, I think Beans is incredible.

My 20breeder has a single hole drilled in the top back of the tank, I want to add a bean overflow setup to it just to see how good it works. As it is, the 20 has a single elbow turned up off the bulkhead and I don't like it.

·
Perfeshunal Hikk
8,887 Posts
Sidenote:
Anybody that reads this that wants one but doesn't have the tools, time or inclination to make one, send me a PM. I will make one for whatever the parts cost plus shipping. I just don't want it to cost me anything to make them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts