The Reef Tank banner
61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Administrator
18,910 Posts
And shooting them is only 1/3 of the fun.....

1/3 - SHOOTING THEM

1/3 - SHOWING THEM OFF

1/3 - PLAYING WITH THEM

Blue Wood Office equipment Creative arts Household appliance accessory

Gas Electronic device Auto part Engineering Machine

Office supplies Trigger Office equipment Pen Shotgun

A pretty stock can hide a lot of bugger boos......got to dig deep and see what lays behind the curtain.
All part of the fun.....1/3 of it at least.
Hack

·
Administrator
18,910 Posts
Hey Vinnie.....

Noticed in the past couple weeks, ammo has gone down by half round here. Bag of 100 .38spl. 'reloads' were $100.00 bucks when I got them last, probably back in late spring......this past week bought a new box of 50, NEW, for like $30.00.

I had unintentionally left this hobby behind as well decades ago when I became a Family man, and priorities and interests changed. But within the past year climbed back in the saddle to train Nate up.....WHAT A CULTURE SHOCK going from the early 80's to the 2020's......But having my Brother in the business was a God send.

Wood Shelving Gas Wood stain Hardwood

Wood Baseball bat Gas Office supplies Cylinder

1 YEAR in.......and this time this is all about my Son, not me.....This is Nate's journey now. Though I approve of his choices and direction......Family influence has been picked up by the next generation.
Hack

·
Administrator
18,910 Posts
And the armory grows......

Table Automotive exterior Bumper Gas Engineering

Think'n I be needing a wee more 'storage capacity' round here.

My Brother dropped these off for me last night.......figuring we were going to get snowed in here come today/tomorrow, and thought I needed some 'projects' to keep me from being bored. I tend to be a lot of things, but seldom do I ever hear the phrase 'bored'.

First up is this old Marlin model 19-S 12 gauge pump with 'external hammer'.....needs to be 'gone over', stock refinished, and re-checkered, and butt pad 'fitted'.

And in the bull pen is a 1969 Marlin model 336 in .30-30 Win.
Hack

·
Administrator
48,447 Posts
Big % is an all sports chain here on West Coast, they are cheaper than local gun stores but supply is limited. Maverick 12 guage pump is about $100 less than LGS, but i buy ammo local even if it is more

·
Administrator
18,910 Posts
.....Now where was I?

That's the Marlin model 19-S, a 100 year old 12 ga. my Brother Hack gave me to see how 'rusty' I was. It has seen better days.

Besides stripping it, and giving it it's first 'cleaning' in God knows how long.......stripped the stock and gave it a Tung oil finish.......12 coats. 'Lightly' blued the gun to keep with it's age so it doesn't look like a Walmart reproduction.
Still have to re-check the stock......pert near none existent from 100 years of use/ABUSE.

Toy Gas Machine Electric blue Trigger

Wood Automotive exterior Bumper Electric blue Trigger

Air gun Office supplies Trigger Shotgun Bumper

OK, now I'm done for now.....
Hack

·
Administrator
18,910 Posts
TRT has spoiled me........

Does anyone following along know of a GOOD 'rifle/gun/shooting' forum that shares the same 'values' as we do on our site? Joined 'Firearms Talk'.....overall I like/LIKED the overall atmosphere, but they allow a few to 'ruin it' and allow them to get away with it......rude, ignorant, 'baiting/trolling'........I'll 'look around' now, but have had it as far as POSTING.

TOO old to waste my time,
Hack
THUMBS UP TRT!!!!!!

·
Administrator
18,910 Posts
I 'may' have found my home 'gun/shooting' forum....THR....The High Road. Only been 2 days, but NO BULL.

Went to my Brother Hack's last night for an evening cup of joe.....mentioned I need to up grade a scope on my CZ 452 American .22 LR......Nate's been kicking my butt at 100 yrds using identical scopes. He can see crystal clear, and even calling my shots off....and to me the center ring is only a 'blur' I am centering on......try centering on a blur!

Light Writing implement Office supplies Office equipment Pen

THAT'S not a gun shop, well technically is, but go with this......That's Hack's idea of 'try this'.
Hack

·
Administrator
18,910 Posts
Got our first AR15-A2 ready to go yesterday.....
Built the 'lower unit' a few weeks ago, but had to wait on Uncle Sam's financial assistance to get the 'upper assembly'.....Ordered Thursday, and arrived Saturday....STANDARD FEDEX SHIPPING arrived in 2 days.....incredible!

Table Shelf Wood Rectangle Stairs

Air gun Trigger Gas Gun barrel Automotive exterior

Air gun Wood Trigger Engineering Machine

Now just have to 'mention' to my Brother Hack when I see Him latter today 'I have to go get some ammo now'.....anyone want to place a bet that THAT will somehow magically just appear?
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
27,513 Posts
Ready made here, I don’t load my own. I really don’t shot much now because of price of ammo. I rather shoot my Glock 9 mm or just a 22 because it cheaper

·
Administrator
18,910 Posts
NAH.....too lazy, got to buy it. Well actually in my case I can't recall the last time I had to do that.....my Brother Hack does a great job keeping us in ammo.

And I second Vinnie......most of our shooting is .22 a/ price, and b/ range that is closest is only for rim fire and shot guns. Have to travel a smidge for the expensive expenditures. 😁
Hack

·
Administrator
18,910 Posts
I used to reload for every firearm I had drastically reduced cost of shoot.
I'm hearing all the 'reloaders' now complaining about finding supplies. Way back when....talking almost as a kid, I did reload handgun ammo.....more out of the novelty that necessity.
Hack

61 - 80 of 107 Posts