The Reef Tank banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

Shark..but a friendly one
Nah, I got a Brother that's the manager at Shooter's World.......I didn't even know there was an ammo shortage! 馃槀

But yeah, I love the versatility of the .357.......I can find .38's around here, but the .357, unless you want to pay nearly $2000.00, are scarce.....I personally love the .38 spl, and for me, that's what I'd get....but this time around is all about Nate...,.I had my time at the wheel, this is His.
Hack

Registered
Well dang to bad you have to pay hazmat to ship primers and powder. I cant find powder or primers around here to save my life haha

Hey Matt, glad to see you found us down here!

Just got back from Shooter's, and not only did they have the .357 I went in there hoping to find, but also walked out with another 12 ga. pump!

Their web site showed a few .38 spls, but only one .357 mag. that was in our realm of interest, and thought for sure we'd be settling, though I'd be just as happy, with a .38.......NOPE, no settling!

Got the Taurus Model 65 .357 with the 4" barrel.......needing the up to 10 day background check, but it's our's.
And for the bonus round, Hack just took in a Remington 870 and figured we still had room in our new cabinet.

Hack

Administrator
Hey all, still workin on getting my old 357. Back
I love my snub .38! So yesterday I went out to run a few boxes through my new Smith 9mm... holly crap a ported barrel is exponentially louder! I had no clue it would be THAT different. It is real slick to shoot but man you need ear plugs AND muffs! I guess in a defensive shooting if I miss they will at least be flash banged for the follow up shot lol.
When i had my 4" Taurus as a carry gun, did some training scenarios with the Sheriffs Dept in their "Fun House"
I found the ported pistol really distracting to shoot in close up sims and the muzzle blast renders you near blind in low light scenarios

Never had the opportunity to fire a 'ported' pistol.......I understand the lessened barrel jump, but can only imagine the muzzle flash would be a wicked distraction.....especially in a low light scenario?

I wasn't going to take the chance Doug of a missed opportunity today, grabbing the model 65 while I could, waiting to find a model 66. For the few dollars more I would have preferred the '66' with the adjustable rear site, and the 7th round. Have never shot neither for a comparison......and not a fan of 'bells n whistles', but for the price point an adjustable site on a 4" would be nice.
Hack

And yeah, I awoke to find there was a gun and ammo 'shortage/crises' amongst our community......but when in the world did $500.00 become a 'CHEAP GUN'?

I remember holding my head high, and even bragging a bit when I'd spend $200 - $300.00 on a gun. A top name gun.....and a 'Let's try THIS gun' out for say $100.00, if not sub that for a used offering of it.

Our world is WONKY!
Hack

Administrator
I think I paid around 350 for the Taurus, they were a couple hundred cheaper than S&W model 66, which didn't have a ported option yet

Registered
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I paid 300 bran new for my Taurus but it is only .38 so I have to buy a .357. But hey who complains about ANOTHER gun in the safes? Not this guy lol. Luckily my friend has an old Smith detective special from the 50s that he is going to sell me cheap, like actually cheap since we good friends and always trading back and forth. We both know if you sell a gun expensive then it will still be expensive when we buy it back. I think we have a great arrangement/ understanding lol

Registered
Hey Matt, glad to see you found us down here!

Just got back from Shooter's, and not only did they have the .357 I went in there hoping to find, but also walked out with another 12 ga. pump!

Their web site showed a few .38 spls, but only one .357 mag. that was in our realm of interest, and thought for sure we'd be settling, though I'd be just as happy, with a .38.......NOPE, no settling!

Got the Taurus Model 65 .357 with the 4" barrel.......needing the up to 10 day background check, but it's our's.
And for the bonus round, Hack just took in a Remington 870 and figured we still had room in our new cabinet.

Hack
Hey Hack, yeah 10 days isnt bad i suppose. Being a concealed carry holder ive always been able to just flash the shinny card then swipe the other card and walk out the door with my new toys.

A $500 gun is definitely not cheap at least not to this working man. Cant say i haven鈥檛 spent way more on a few of them but that鈥檚 besides the point. Unfortunately or fortunately, not sure which, whenever i go and buy me another gun my wife wants one as well so I鈥檓 always looking at spending double.

shooting a 357sig is always fun at a indoor range. After the first shot the range gets dead quiet and everyone stops to see what the hell just fired.

Matt

Well Hack n Me got to Shooters early this morning.....pre-zombie rush. Hack's down in Hatteras on a weeks vacation, so our first trip there going 'solo'. Got the call this week my 10 day 'background check' took 2 days, and no issues at all with this new electronic stuff. Of course when We were heading to the range to try it our, Me n Hack looked at eachother and said simultaneously, 'We didn't have to pay for it?'. We looked again at the box, and the register receipt clearly said 'payed'. THANKS HACK!

Were early enough the range was available......so bought some .38 spl, .357 was a NO-GO. Culture shock without Brother Hack there, had to buy ammo.....$100.00 for a bag of 100 rounds....reloads! Targets were free of course with a nod n a wink from the young lady, and didn't bother charging Us range fees. So the ammo was indeed a small price to pay for the return.
Hack

20210502_110021_resized.jpg
NO, that's not me next to Hack....just some adult having to fire next to a 15 year old kid who's out shooting him as he's getting lessons.

20210502_105631.jpg

Com'on now, can't have a thread with me around without pictures! Let's see em!
Hack

41 - 51 of 51 Posts