The Reef Tank banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
48,720 Posts
I miss my old 590M with Speed Stock. Greg was showing me his new AR pistol. Except for the wrist strap on stock it looks like a SBR to me

·
Administrator
48,720 Posts
Shaymus have you fired a ported pistol before? years ago I bought a new Taurus 66 4" factory ported as an EDC. Loved that gun but the enhanced muzzle blast took some getting used to. My Fire Cheif still has it, I should try and get ti back

·
Administrator
48,720 Posts
I have owned a few .44 mags and while I shoot them well i always gravitated back to a .357. The cost of 44 ammo is crazy now, wasn't so bad when I could reload. I have taken several deer with my trusty old Redhawk but i don't hunt much anymore so i can't justify the expense.

·
Administrator
48,720 Posts
Hey all, still workin on getting my old 357. Back
I love my snub .38! So yesterday I went out to run a few boxes through my new Smith 9mm... holly crap a ported barrel is exponentially louder! I had no clue it would be THAT different. It is real slick to shoot but man you need ear plugs AND muffs! I guess in a defensive shooting if I miss they will at least be flash banged for the follow up shot lol.
When i had my 4" Taurus as a carry gun, did some training scenarios with the Sheriffs Dept in their "Fun House"
I found the ported pistol really distracting to shoot in close up sims and the muzzle blast renders you near blind in low light scenarios

·
Administrator
48,720 Posts
I think I paid around 350 for the Taurus, they were a couple hundred cheaper than S&W model 66, which didn't have a ported option yet

·
Administrator
48,720 Posts
Looks like the armory is filling in quite nicely. I need to aquire a new shotgun. Might have to check out Big 5 Sports.

·
Administrator
48,720 Posts
Big % is an all sports chain here on West Coast, they are cheaper than local gun stores but supply is limited. Maverick 12 guage pump is about $100 less than LGS, but i buy ammo local even if it is more

1 - 15 of 15 Posts