The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Shark..but a friendly one
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YEAH TEAM!!!!! Well actually of course that just means I'm heading to work, but hopefully not a full day.....HAPPY SATURDAY Y'ALL!

Weather doesn't appear to be as honk'n as yesterday......which was sooooooo WINDY, even the wind was being blown around! 馃槀 Sunny, and spring time warm.

Feeling mucho better'er so fay, and had a great night sleep. Got a 50' to deliver this morning, and supposedly the only thing on the list.....anyone want to place a bet on that action?

Taking Jen for a 'C-test' around 2:30, and THEN heading to my Brother's place to pick up our new revolver, as my background check came back much earlier than anticipated. Rather than the 10 days they told me, was only 2.....hmmmmmm, I must have a boring background?馃;)

Whelp, I dearly hope peace rules, but gets a run for it's money by grooviness,
Hack

Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ooooooops.....where's my manners? Got a big ole bowl of Famous Amos Chocolate chips to go with our morning coffee.

And perhaps not 'sad' news, but a heart felt decision in cooperation with the brains involved.....,our thoughts on adopting these beauties have come to an end.....("Oh poop....I can't figure out how to get the pictures from phone messages to here on only 2 cups of coffee.") They're a pair of 4 month Old English Bull Dogs. All wrinkled and smashed noses n all.

Decided with Jen's health issues at the moment it would be hard for Her to give them the proper training and attention they deserve...,,though We're a 3 person Family, it does fall mostly on Jen since I'm out of the house most of the day, and Hack needs time to be a 'kid' yet, without strapping him with 'adult stuff' more than we need to.

Sniffle sniffle,
Hack

Super Moderator
Good mawnin鈥, Hack and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and Famous Amos chocolate chip cookies. I鈥檒l schlep up some fried egg sammiches and local strawberries.

Hack - I missed the news about Jen not feeling well. Of course it鈥檚 not tye right time to adopt a puppy (no matter how cute..). Looks like both of you need to take good care of your wonderful selves.

Cath i spent 40 min putting `st coat of primer on ceiling, waiting for it to dry, the rest has been measuring and calculation and explaining to HER why 2 gallons of ceiling and wall paint are not enough, Should take about a half hour to lay on 2nd coat.
Not used the Primer/paint she got so I have no idea how that works , but assuming 2 gal for a decent finish.
Had she asked my before hand and let me lay it out, i could have got a friend and been done in a long day. Now it will stretch over 2 or 3 days depending on wall paint drying /cure time
UGH! That鈥檚 a real pain in the backside using up what little spare time you have.
Hope you are feeling better today.

Jeff - How are Naya and your other dawgies doing?
Good luck with all that you and Blyth have going on today if the weather won鈥檛 get in the way.

Yesterday I bought chrome towel bars for the guest bathroom to go along with the new light fixture. It may sound silly, but I鈥檓 going to return them for brushed stainless because that won鈥檛 show fingerprints easily.
Other projects going on this afternoon. Nothing too exciting.;)

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

Administrator
Good Morning all, 55 and sprinkles out this am so I don't have the warm spell I thought which was why I thought to take the dogs to Redwoods.. Will put a coat of ceiling paint on, see what drying /recoat time is then try to finish that part. Since it was not what i thought I will just bust out the bedroom project then see what comes up

Super Moderator
Hi, Doug - Is that paint laytex or oil base? Bummer that you can鈥檛 take to dogs out to the redwoods.

Perry - How did the meeting with your attorney go?

Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seeing a lot of empty chairs lately around the Table.....hope Everyone is up to snuff?

Did my 1/2 day in paradise, and getting ready to take Jen for Her umptiscrumpth 'C-test' for Her up coming surgery Tuesday.
According to my noisy tummy there'll be food in our near future.....the 'what' hasn't been discussed. From doughnuts to dead cow I'd be amiable.

Still in table will be a trip to the gun shop for our pick up latter in the afternoon......we'll see.....Tomorrow is another day if'n we don't today.

Hope there are tales being gathered for story time latter this day,
Hack

Administrator
Remorning, Cath it is Acrylic latex. gonna throw my propane heater in there to increase drying time. Going to Ace hardware to get stuff to redo closet so i can get that painted inside as well.

Retired Wanderer
Perry - How did the meeting with your attorney go?
I'll let him figure it out. Being the third guy in three years to get eaten by that machine with no corrective action is not good. I am doing a lot better but can't play hard without pain. I'll get over it at some point. Getting fired to be the poster boy for non existent safety requirements leaves me a little biased though. I was covering again for non-existent maintenance people when it happened. No good deed goes unpunished.

Survived the phone screen and team phone interviews and chose three jobs that sound okay to interview at Monday and Tuesday. Hopefully the in person team thing will work out at one of them.

Finally past danger of frost (allegedly) so Denise and I went to town on the yard. Got my seeds and starter plants in for the herb and veggie garden. We also put in a bunch of flowers. Lots of the (again alleged) perennials came right back. The yard is already looking good.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone.

Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just finished up some fantastic NY Strips from the grill.......yeah, we're stuffed! Thinking a great night to plop our feet up, and pass the remotes to control some movies.....OF COURSE I don't know which ones yet.....pick any, I've fallen asleep on all of them.

Yeah the weather is breaking nicely around here too Perry, getting everyone in the mood to do some planting.

Thinking some extra salty buttery pop corn may be a swell desert! Hope the evening is progressing nicely for All,
Hack

Administrator
Rain stopped, sun is out, Shelf supports are redone, ex and daughter are out getting shelfing to be custom fit. 2 coats of primer on ceiling, first coat of flat white paint on. Now i get to prime the inside of closet. Sheet rock guy supposed to be out tomorrow, there are several blisters on the vertical walls he needs to fix before i can paint the rest.

Super Moderator
Hi, Perry and Hack!

Yep, let the legal expert figure out how to sue that company鈥檚 fanny.
Sounds like fun goings on with your planting projects.

Good luck with your job interviews next week.

Rain stopped, sun is out, Shelf supports are redone, ex and daughter are out getting shelfing to be custom fit. 2 coats of primer on ceiling, first coat of flat white paint on. Now i get to prime the inside of closet. Sheet rock guy supposed to be out tomorrow, there are several blisters on the vertical walls he needs to fix before i can paint the rest.
Whee! You鈥檙e on a roll, Doug!

Hack - Have a groovy evening watching or sleeping infront of the screen 馃槈

Grooviness for all.

Super Moderator
Evening all ,

Cath, Naya is going good,, still not a cuddly in your face gal, but who knows if she was in her prev home. Speaking of Naya, the rescue's rep called Blyth today,, looks like we are swapping fosters with another foster home, along with getting a 2nd foster, dog was adopted out, bit the human a few days in,, returned the fella,,, So, gonna try to explain things again . Foster Naya is going to Lafayette In., and we are getting their foster (a fella that bolted and was AWOL for a bit ,, our 6 ft. chain link dawg stalag must rank high , hahah) AND we are getting the adopted out short term, returned after biting the human,,,too. Will update with pics as it happens. Best I can tell is it looks like both future fosters are short haired , light red , more like a reddish ,light brown,, fella and gal.

Trip north to Sis's went well, offloaded the 500# of fertilizer , checked her garage door,, and further checked into why her U/W pond light is not working. Ended up bring all components home, and hope to work my magic to end up with a working light.

Tire/wheel for the Deere mow deck finally made it home, got it installed and the Ford tractor w/Deere 3 pt. mow deck is back on the lawn lowering varsity team. Ended up first of the seaosn lowering of the side and back fields, prob 7 acres worth. Not the best mow job since it was high to start with, but oughta shape up with the next lowering session.

Shop is a big mess of tools and such all over the place,,, hope for a rain delay on lowering so I can spend some time de-cluttering the shop proper.

Nice day but gusty,, dunno if I got a bit of a sun tan/burn or it was due to the wind.

Adult foamy beverages tne norm after lawn lowering, just about the only time I imbibe anymore,,,

Comfy chair time, and gonna watch the Texas Indy car race,,, was smart enuf to set it to record ,

Hope everyone had a great day!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts