The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just ordered a new light fixture in order to upgrade the lighting on my 125 set-up. Once i get the new fixture, I will have 2 Coralife 36" 2 x 96 watt PC fixtures available for sale. One has moonlights. The bulbs themselves probably need to be replaced soon, but the fixtures themselves are in excellent condition.

Any suggestions on what you think would be a fair price for the fixtrues? Would anyone be interested in purchasing one? If the new fixture come in by the next ARC meeting, I could probably bring the fixtures to sell.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Is this a DIY fixture or a commercial one? I have a need to set up suplementary Actinic lighting, but 36" is about 12" too long for a fixture.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ms. K said:
I've just ordered a new light fixture in order to upgrade the lighting on my 125 set-up. Once i get the new fixture, I will have 2 Coralife 36" 2 x 96 watt PC fixtures available for sale. One has moonlights. The bulbs themselves probably need to be replaced soon, but the fixtures themselves are in excellent condition.

Any suggestions on what you think would be a fair price for the fixtrues? Would anyone be interested in purchasing one? If the new fixture come in by the next ARC meeting, I could probably bring the fixtures to sell.

I would be very interested in both...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well... after a little research on Dr. Fosters the Coralife 36" PC fixture sales for $178 (bulbs included). Replacement bulbs cost $30 each.
So I would figure a fair asking price for a used fixture only (w/o bulbs) would be $70.

my $0.02

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys. That's helpful. They are commercial fixtures, no DIY here...lol. I'd be afraid to even think about attempting DIY. Bmartin, if you're interested, shoot me a PM and we can discuss things. Obviously I won't be able to part with them until my new fixture arrives, but that should be within 7 days.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I couldnt sell mine for $75 last year, but maybe things have changed sence then...
either way good luck, and congrats on the new light... (hid's I hope)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been on the receiving end of much generosity since I joined ARC, and I haven't forgotten it. I'm not stuck on $70, so I hope that price does not dissuade anyone. I could probably get more than that if I was willing to ship, but I'd rather just look around the ATL area.

I would also possibly consider a trade. I'm looking for a wavemaker, sea swirl, some cool zoas, LPS, galaxea, fire shrimp, sexy shrimp, mantis shrimp (yeah, you read that right), or a green banded goby. PM if you have an offer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts