The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ARRRGH! i have a Knop hang on tank skimmer,,,(i know i need a different/better one) dern thing wants to run straight water up n over onto the floor whenever it wants to,,,,:mad:
it's clean, set OK, nothin's getting into the venturi or anything like that,no hands in the tank,no food/additives added b4 this happens,,,just happens "whenever":rolleyes:
i was in the basement ,on the 'puter,when i heard the drip, drip, drip a lil bit ago,,,sopped up the mess,,and wondering what's goin on here?
any mods to do on this skimmer to help the problem?
darn thing just gets "stupid" once inna while,,,
thanks,,,,gotta go wash/dry the towels now,,,,,:mad:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Junk,
Keep us posted on what's happening with your skimmer. Sorry about your problems/mess. Hope that was all it did with no damage to anything.

Have you determined yet what caused the overflow. I'm asking because, although I don't have a Knop, I have an Excalibur and I think it is/might be a Knop knockoff. I haven't had anything like that happen to me, yet after about a year of use.

regards, fsa

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
I've had overflow problems with my Berlin XL and it's caused by too much water flow... I throttle back the pump a bit and it's fine... I leave the Venturi full open for maximum bubblage(TM)...

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
No snails wandering where they shouldn't, Jeff?

"Carpet moisturizer" :funny:

·
Super Moderator
22,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alice said:
No snails wandering where they shouldn't, Jeff?

"Carpet moisturizer" :funny:
Thanks everyone,,,,nope Alice, no snails,,,,since the last time , so far so good,keeping it adjusted down a bit,,,,like that will help,,,:rolleyes:
i think it's a sign to get me going on the 200,,,and getting a new Berlin skimmer for it,,,LOL

·
Registered
354 Posts
:eek: Well Jeff sorry to hear of your mess, of course we both know that someday this will bring us a laugh, (some sooner than others) but just remember standing in my den, with a hose hooked to a mag 18. You were soaking the walls like a fireman ! And if that didn't brighten your day, then picture my wife when I told her what you did, remember ? Anyway I have an extra skimmer, let me know.

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
GRRR! Knop HOT skimmer/carpet moisturizer
I spit my coffee when I read that one!!!!

Sorry 'bout the mess, but that one had me in stitches!

Jenn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts