The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon folks:

We recently conducted a group buy for Evergrow LED aquarium lights. Several people missed out on the deadline so it's time for round two. Here is the link to the original group buy. It's a lot of pages but contains good information.

http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f20/-group-buy-evergrow-led-lights-208601-15.html#post2332874

You may have heard of Reefbreeders photon lights. These are the same lights. Evergrow manufacturers them for reefbreeders. I attached the spec sheets and pricing sheets for reference. Feel free to ask questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some info we learned during the first group buy. Cost to ship the lights from China is about $35 each. Cost to reship varies but has been between $20 and $35 each fixture. In addition there will be a brokerage fee. The brokerage fee for the first order was $68. I don't know if it's calculated by the declared value of the shipment or the amount of fixtures shipped. That cost will need to be split as well. Finally, paying via paypal will mean a fee of 3% of your total cost.

So keep these additional costs in mind if you're interested in ordering.

As far as myself, I am in for two IT2080 fixtures.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm listing my Kessils up tomorrow and hoping to be in for a 2060. The first GB went great. Jayy has been very helpful and even ended up paying out of pocket for unexpected expenses just so we could get our lights without a delay. Any of you on the fence, he has been a great GB host!
Thank you Ma'am for the vote of confidence :)

·
Registered
378 Posts
I will be in on this one just haven't figured out which one yet. Now I am thinking of just biting the bullet and get the 2080 and scale it down. I have a d120 on my tank now and from reading comments about the IT series it reduces the coverage somewhat because of the lenses. Then if I upgrade to a 90 I might still be ok on the lighting. What to do?:confused:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jayy, i see that you mentioned you are getting 2 2080's also...what do you expect/estimate the total will be for everything, to me here in Florida, for these 2 units?
You can PM me if you dont want to throw it out here in the thread.
In the first round it cost a grand total of $718 to ship two IT2080's to Texas. Florida should be the same. That total includes the cost of the light, shipping from China to me, shipping from me to Texas and the paypal fee.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There are a lot of questions regarding coverage and which light will work best for your tank. I think it really depends on your rockwork. If you have tall piles of rock on the edge of your tank, you will need to have fixtures that shine directly down onto these piles or else you'll have shade on the end of your tank. So you'd only want an inch or two of gap from the edge of the fixture to the edge of your tank. On the other hand if your rock is not tall on the edges, you can have up to an 8" gap from the edge of the light to the edge of your tank, and the 90 degree lenses will shine plenty of light down there.

I suggest cutting a piece of cardboard to the length of the fixture you are considering and seeing how it fits above your tank. Imagine a 90 degree cone shining down from it, and see where the light beams will hit. If you think it won't cover well enough, then opt for another fixture next to it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
There are a lot of questions regarding coverage and which light will work best for your tank. I think it really depends on your rockwork. If you have tall piles of rock on the edge of your tank, you will need to have fixtures that shine directly down onto these piles or else you'll have shade on the end of your tank. So you'd only want an inch or two of gap from the edge of the fixture to the edge of your tank. On the other hand if your rock is not tall on the edges, you can have up to an 8" gap from the edge of the light to the edge of your tank, and the 90 degree lenses will shine plenty of light down there.

I suggest cutting a piece of cardboard to the length of the fixture you are considering and seeing how it fits above your tank. Imagine a 90 degree cone shining down from it, and see where the light beams will hit. If you think it won't cover well enough, then opt for another fixture next to it.
Thanks Jayy...

I did find a site with recommended coverage along with a nice 2080 over 4ft tank at 9 inches height going thru the programs to give some an idea

Their recommendation is as follows with dependencies on height as you stated
2040 - 24" to 32"
2060 - 24" to 36"
2080 - 32" to 48"

reefsupplycanada.com has a nice video on the IT2080 but I can't post the link....

I think I am going to (pay now) and go for the 2080...looking to the future....:banana:

·
Premium Member
10,751 Posts
Thanks Jayy...

I did find a site with recommended coverage along with a nice 2080 over 4ft tank at 9 inches height going thru the programs to give some an idea

Their recommendation is as follows with dependencies on height as you stated
2040 - 24" to 32"
2060 - 24" to 36"
2080 - 32" to 48"

reefsupplycanada.com has a nice video on the IT2080 but I can't post the link....

I think I am going to (pay now) and go for the 2080...looking to the future....:banana:
Here is the video:

·
Premium Member
10,751 Posts
Question for anyone that got these before, is there a UL (Underwriters Laboratory) listing on this fixture?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi there
I'm really interesting to be in.
Currently making my new 90 gal tank (48.5" x 18.5" x 25.4")
Which model you can recomend me?
So what should do I do now and when is it possible to have it???
Thank you.

1 - 20 of 362 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.