The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 314 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been researching LED fixtures for over a month now, and I narrowed my choice down to a series of fixtures made by Evergrow. These are sold under a couple different brand names, but Evergrow is the manufacturer. I've been in touch with the manufacturer and they've agreed to sell direct to me as long as the order quantity is high enough.

These fixtures come in 16, 24 and 32 inch lengths, and utilize Bridgelux high quality 3w LEDs and Meanwell drivers. They will allow us to customize the LED layout, spectrum and optics. These are fully programmable, automatically dimmable 3-channel fixtures with touch-screen interfaces. They have temperature controlled fans for active cooling and heatsinks for passive. Multiple lights can be connected together and controlled as one. They come with a 30 day no questions asked return policy (buyer pays shipping) and a 2 year warranty.

I've attached a .doc and .pdf with product descriptions. I also asked about quality control and testing, and this is what they replied:

"Continuous 48 hours testing, current & voltage stability, each color led chip output power, and Lamp actual total power draw tested before each ship out."

So each LED on every fixture is checked for the correct color, output power and actual draw before shipping. Everything I've heard about this light, and this manufacturer, leads me to believe that these are the best buy for the money currently. Yes, they are made in china but so are the majority of $600 LED aquarium lights on the market, and these are a third of the price with great testing and quality control.

I am not sure if the minimum order quantity is for all size fixtures combined, or if we have to order at least 12 of the same fixture. I wanted to see if there is even enough interest to meet the MOQ before replying to Evergrow. If you're interested in these lights check out the attached sheet which includes prices. Let's try and make this happen.

If enough people are interested we will open up a discussion on LED layout and spectrum. Before we open that pandora's box let's make sure we can meet the minimum order quantity. As for myself, I'm in for two of the 32" model.

Attachments

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If there's enough interest you can count me in! That's a sweet deal! I didn't see the 36" on there, how much is that one? That's what I'd need as well.
I meant to say the 32 inch not 36. Its the IT2080. listed at $288. it has 99 3w bridgelux LEDs on 3 channels.

I'm hoping Evergrow will drop ship them. if not I'll have to ship to everyone which will add maybe $20 or so.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 110 gallon that is 48" long. with a 32" light centered over it I'll have 8 inches of tank on either side. with the fixture 10 or so inches above the water I think I'll have excellent coverage. I also have a 75 gallon hex tank.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When I download the .doc it opens in wordpad and is blank...
But if I could get a 36in for <$200 that'd be awesome...
there is a 32" listed at $288. there would be an additional charge for shipping. The same light sells for $449 on reef breeders.

I'll try to upload a PDF for anyone who doesn't have MS Word.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I attached a PDF of the spec sheet if anyone has trouble with the .doc.

·
Super Moderator
10,751 Posts
the price listed includes shipping to me.
Where are you located since you will have to ship them to each person.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am located in Clinton, UT, 84015.

The package is not too large, it doesn't require freight delivery. I checked UPS rates to some sample cities for reference:

Miami, FL: $26.28
San Francisco, CA: $17.98
Rochester, NY: $20.86
Seattle, WA: $19.60

Based on this I would estimate it can ship anywhere in the lower 48 USA for under $30. You can check actual shipping rates at https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request?loc=en_US.

Just enter my location, Clinton, UT, 84015, shipping weight of 5.3 LBS, and your town information.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's great to meet a fellow Utahn. Hey, did you or a friend of yours happen to sell a 110 gallon reef tank, complete, about a month ago? If so it was me you sold it to. I bought my aquarium from a guy in Eagle Mountain, and his friend gave me 15 gallons of RO water to get started :)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's great to see some interest in this group buy. So as of now here is our status:

Myself: 2 IT2080
hungfu: 2 IT2080
dfairlite: 1 IT2080

I also have a private message from one other interested party. That makes 6 so far, so we are half way there!!

Folks, these really are high quality lights, with high quality components and good testing\qc from the manufacturer. Where else are you going to find a 99x3w bridgelux led fixture that's fully programmable WITH a touch screen? And it's under $300.

1 - 20 of 314 Posts