The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting this stupid green slime algae showing up on new live rock I added about 4 months ago. My original 45 lbs of Live rock doesn't have it. Water parameters look good... 0 phospate levels 0 amonia...
Right now I have 2 10k 65 watt pcs and 2 actinic 65 watt pcs. both are about 3 months old if that.
Any reason why it may show up on the new Live rock and not the old and what's the best way to get rid of it? More frequent water changes?
By the way, Im using distilled water for refills and water changes.

Thanks!

·
Registered
192 Posts
72 Bowfront - 48" by 22 Tall. 16 deep in center
2x T5 Atinic bulbs.
2x 150 MH
NH4 - 0
PO4 - 0.5
NO2 - 0
NO3 - .05
Temp - 79.5
Salinity - 1.021
PH - 8.3
2 - Koriela pumps (3 & 4)
1 X Marineland Emp. 400 filter
1 X Marineland Penguin 350 filter
Coralife SkimmerPro 250
80 LBS live rock (Approx)
The set up is 6 months old (cause I moved)

I only have a Yellow Tang, Six line wrasse and a Tomato Clown <-- trying to get out
About 50 Blue legged hermits and same with snails.

And green slime algae all alone the front and on some rocks.

I have tried the red slime algae remover powder cause it worked great on the red slime but doesn't really to anything to the green slime and I tried to clean it up best I could before treating. I use RO/DI water with a pH buffer added. Lights are on for about 8-10 hours daily. I have tried leaving my lights off for a week but it still grew. I have also added a phosphate media by fluval called Clearmax to my filters, doesn't seem to be doing much from what I can see.

·
Registered
494 Posts
do you have a picture of it? im asing cause i think i may have the same issue...so im curouis.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts