The Reef Tank banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a restuarant in Pensacola, FL. and they had a saltwater tank... I looked at it it had one giant clownfish and two small ones, and they were all hanging out in the Green Hairy Mushroom, I know its hard to know if I get one will my clown host on it, but i wanted to know if anyone else has used them for their clown...

Thanks

:D

·
Super Moderator
27,082 Posts
hmmmm...I kinda thought that clowns host wherever they want. Mine loves the colt coral. I think I read somewhere here that they've had clowns to host on equipment in the tank :lol:

·
Super Moderator
22,145 Posts
Yup, i have a pair of Percs in a colony of Green Hairy's, and spawn about every 10 days or so ,,,,
you guys are trying your darned-ness to make me learn Photoshop, so i can fit my 5meg pics on here,,,

·
Super Moderator
22,145 Posts
DANG! YAY ME! (Really thanks to Shirley for her great step-by steps to walk me thru Photoshop and resize this one,)and post my first pic ,since i got my new camera!)dern Ol' Mavica was a piece of cake,low res has it's advantages,,,LOL
You've been warned people! plenty of my pics will be forthcoming! :banana: :worm:
Thanks again Shirley!
I'll send you a copy of Mapquest ASAP in return LOL

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,145 Posts
Man , i got a headache from getting that pic for the first time.,that colonoscopy musta done some good this mornin'

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
My gold bar maroon clown hangs out in my toadstool all the time... The guy I got my green hairy mushrooms from said that his clowns like to play on them. I have also heard that there is some kind of hair mushroom that actuall eats fish. They wait till one is near it and then close up on it like a draw string bag. I think those a pretty rare and get almost a foot in diameter.

Jeremiah

·
Super Moderator
27,082 Posts
:banana: :banana: Jeff!!! Way kewl :beer: on your picture success.... but the cause and effect from your AM procedure :nuts:

Ickeramma on those fish-eating drawstring shrooms, Jeremiah!

·
Registered
122 Posts
My clowns hang out in my frog spawn for the most part but they do go into the hairy green tips every once in a while.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Junkzoo can you provide me some links to get the kind you have, I think there are different types and I definitely want those you have.... some list Green Hairy Mushroom, and its a mushroom, instead of the mushroom anemone type style... any links to where I can purchase those that you have would be appreciated, I could search but my luck I would probably end up with the wrong kind, thanks again..

·
Super Moderator
22,145 Posts
Hmmm, Can't say for sure where i got the original few ones i started with,,more than likely it was from Harbor Aquatics,,which sorry to say,closed up shop a month or two ago. other place might have been a LFS (which i co-owned yrs ago)..
Either way, i had probably gotten these mushrooms over 5-6 yrs ago at least,,
so i can probably be no help in steering you toward more,,,
You can probably try Premium Aquatics, and ask Jason and the crew to maybe take a pic of what they might have , or will get in the future, and maybe it might be what you are looking for,,,
or some other places might be able to email pics to show what they have to offer.
sorry i could not be much help,,,,
Jeff

·
Super Moderator
22,145 Posts
BTW: Not sure if the pic shows it well, but those are a bunch of Mushrooms, about half dollar size,,,together closely,,,,

·
Nano reefer and Jeeper
784 Posts
my lone percula (I feel bad after he lost his mate to a powerhead accident :( ) hosts on my powerhead. I want to get something in there for him to host on other than that....he doesn't like the SPS very much, nor the clam. I'm wondering if he'd take to a big derasa??

·
Retired Wanderer
17,271 Posts
I did our tank old school and am one of the lucky five percent who have a pair of mated clowns hosting a rose bubble tip anemone.

Good job Jeff for getting that done as well....mine is in September. My father got a routine procedure for an insurance policy, and he had cancer it turned out and would have passed on by now if not for the test.

·
Super Moderator
22,145 Posts
Phishnoob said:
Good job Jeff for getting that done as well....mine is in September. My father got a routine procedure for an insurance policy, and he had cancer it turned out and would have passed on by now if not for the test.
Not to hijack a thread, but yup on getting a procedure done, it was a piece of cake, and they say one of the best tests for a easy cancer to catch, and take care of , if caught early,,,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts