The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yes, they are so cool also. Get about 4, they are schooling <><. They look nice under 50/50 lights.

-Paul

·
Super Moderator
22,410 Posts
Yup on Paul's post,,,get a "school" of 4-5, they are fairly cheap, ez to care for, and one of the most docile of the chromis/damsels,,

·
Registered
790 Posts
They are easy going, peacful, shoot...when I feed them the eat out of my hands and also follow be back and forth when I walk by.

-Paul

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
Yep... Wish I had them instead of my mean ol' damnsels. (Although their math is more creative. They divide and do fractions. Chromis just add. :) )

Chromis are cool.

Danielle

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so maybe i'll get 4-5 for my 40 gallon FOWLR. I am thinking of getting a different light for my tank, just because it looks rather dull. what is a 50/50 light?

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
the blue green chromis, green chromis, and blue chromis are all the same thing. depending on whre you get them. reason.. they change colors depending on how the light hits them. providing you have good light.

mine change from white, to blue, to green, to purple, all while swimming from one side of the tank to the other.

ever seen that new expensive paint on fancy cars, that changes color? imagine that on a fish only brighter :)

and yes, very docile, and schooling. i currently have 3. bought 4, but one was eaten, i belive by a evil hermit that also was chewing on my star.

they are also extremely hyper and lots of fun to watch!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts