The Reef Tank banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
That looks like valonia. Not harmfull but try to remove it without breaking it or you might end up with tons of little bubble algaes all over your tank. ;)

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I have some and they are a pita. I bought a emerald crab last week but hasnt munched them yet but Oh well

Jeff

·
Registered
315 Posts
At the recomendation of another member, we put a Foxface Rabbit in our reef. We literaly had thousands of bubbles, the Foxface has been busy chewing this stuff up, and has greatly reduced its number, in just a little over 2 weeks. We also have 5 emeralds which haven't touched a single one that I can tell.

Bill

·
Registered
179 Posts
Buzz,

We put in a One-Spot Foxface as the second fish after the clowns....(ok third)

We brought in a couple of green bubbles on the first mushroom rock introduced. The bubbles were gone the next morning.

I still get one or two every couple of weeks, but he munches them up quick.

He loves a daily Selcon soaked nori sheet, I give him about 2" x 2" sheet. He guards it Fiercly......He is a very cool fish. Lots of personality. He is hard to get to eat anything meaty, but I did get hit to start taking pellets. After he realized he liked them, he eats them like crazy. I feed Nori everyday and pellets every other.

All other fish eat blender mush. He will not touch the blender mush though.

FWIW I would get another one in a heartbeat. They need a fairly large tank though as they need to swim fast to get away from everything that frightens them. (which is everything):funny: :funny:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.