The Reef Tank banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have switched tanks about a month and a half ago using most of the water and all of the rock from the previous 1 year old tank. Everything went well as opened up quickly. I also switched to LED/t5 lighting and acclimated the lighintg slowly. Again, everything went was/is going well.
A few days ago i noticed my green acro has tissue lost on it. I immedialty thought STN, but its not starting from the base. This is a frag that grew into a 4" by 6" piece which broke into about 4 pieces during the move.

The weird thing, is that 3 out of the 4 pieces are experiencing this while one is just fine. The others have lost its green coloration and are now brown. Some of the tips and stems are white but i can't tell if its the skeleton. Now i know what your thinking:
Lighting: led/t5 combo, started leds at 30% now at 45%
FLow: 2x mp10wes greating a even flow.
Placement: (3 bad pieces)- scattered among the rock on high and low places (1 good piece) Next to one of the bad pieces on top of rock work.
Parameters: Cal-400 Mag-1120 PH-7.9-8.2 ALK 8-10 on API test kit. i am getting water tested tonight with better equipment.

I have lots of other sps in this tank that are doing great and don't show any signs of tissue lost. It just seems to be the green acro.

(first pic is a month ago when it looked normal)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
the fact that the other acros are doing great is fantastic...We have all had this happen, everthing is doing great and one just does not make it. Give it some time and keep an eye on it, maybe it will come back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts