The Reef Tank banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay...so got my Sabae Anemone about a year ago. Withing two weeks, my porcellain crab hosted with it. months and months went by and my clowns were completely UNinterested in the anemone.

A couple months ago, I lost my female (she jumped ship, so to speak).

a month ago, my male clown spend a week in the overflow (until I had the time to drain it and get him out).

Withing MINUTES of putting him back in the display, he had gone right to the anemone.

Hasn't left ever since.

So that's a YEAR that the clown and anemone had been in the same tank, and not hosted. And now...I have 1 anemone with two symbiotic life partners! hahaha

here's a pic:

and here's a mini-video:

just thought I'd share! hahaha

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thanks!

My favorite thing is looking at this guy in the morning, when the just actinics are on, and morning sunlight hits the tank. he's simply stunning:

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
as a side note, my clowns are/were everything except intelligent.

As I said, the female jumped out.

and the male...well...prior to finding the anemone, he was quite special (if you know what I mean):

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Beautiful. Would like anemone but dont thinks would do well in my 24. I have pc lighting. Plan to upgrade to mh later.
My clown has a cave in back of rocks so at least yours host where it can be seen.

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ouccmich said:
Beautiful, how did you get the moving picture? That's awesome!
I took a sequence of several shots and then made an animated gif out of the sequence. I think it turned out pretty neat too!

Thanks all!

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
VERY nice color Mike! and that video is just WAY too cool!!:agree:

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jenajet said:
Good thing the crab doesn't mind the new roommate!
well...hahah...wouldn't say he doesn't MIND.

When the anemone's opened up, they're both fine...plenty of room. Luckily, this is 90% of the time.

But about once a week or so my anemone shrinks up for the night, then next morning, back open. During this time...those two (clown/crab) are ANYTHING but buddies. Like an angry couple fighting over the blankets, they fight most of the night! hahaha

I'm hoping that the anemone picks up on the fact that it has TWO hosts...and splits in time. But we'll see.

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
I love the moving video - thanks so much for sharing - I have a large maroon clown that thinks my yellow star polyps are his anemone - talk about a silly fish!

HHC

1 - 15 of 15 Posts