The Reef Tank banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't see this thread...so, I hope I didn't miss it. If I did, then the great powers that be can delete this one. heh heh

Good Morning everyone!! :) I'm up, so no fears of Cath with ice for me! ;)

·
Super Moderator
27,677 Posts
Friday's almost here--->Happy Thursday

Good Mawnin' TRT!!

My Civitan club is celebrating 38 years of service at a birthday dinner tonight, so I slept in a bit this AM. Ahhh.... what bliss to sleep past 5:30. Freshly ground coffee beans.... Ymmmmmmmm..

:eek: lookin around to check for the ice cube brigade

Everyone, go visit the thread called Danielle,...it's really for all of us to wish her well:dance: :dance: :dance:

Lots of love and hugs for everyone!

Peace

·
Super Moderator
27,677 Posts
Heheheh, Jeremy! we're twins this AM! go visit my thread too! :cool:

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Good Morning Jeremey and cath!! Do I have to say good morning on both you guys thread?;)

Well I'm home from work and lied about why I could not be there and left!

Got some self-examing to do! Have a good day all!

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
mornin mornin!!

well i'm a bit more relieved today. finally got the whole bulkhead mess figured out.

but i'm still stressing over the safety of my tank. i'm petrified that it's gonna break while they are drilling :eek: they only have one guy that drills at the glass shop, and he has been drilling glass for 35 years. they showed me some stuff he had recently drilled. so it calmed my nerves a little. but i'm still scared :)

i almost had tears in my eyes when i was leaving the shop. felt like i was dropping my kid off for her first trip to summer camp :funny:

not much else going on here today. rain all day so i'll stay inside and watch behind the scenes for "Tears Of The Sun" which btw: if you havent seen it, SEE it!! great movie. required viewing for all you former military folks. yes, even you jarheads :)

have a great day everyone!!

·
Administrator
47,636 Posts
Oh My is it really thursday all ready, amazing, where does the time go ;)
Actually I could use the ice cubes(hold pincers)
HAve a good day every one

·
Super Moderator
27,677 Posts
Ahh..Johnny- so did you do the ol' routine "I have a vision problem ...(aside- I can't see myself staying here at work)"

:rolleyes:

Jay, we just got that on DVD here at the library. I had read some bummer reviews, so I'm glad to hear your comments.

·
Super Moderator
22,407 Posts
Mornin All!
it's not like me, but i quess i slept right thru the big ole rain storm that came thru this 6am,,,woke up and looked outside,,,hmmm,rained a bit overnight,,, lady at the gas station said,,,,yup, it came down like crazy ,,,,
old age and tiredness creeping in i quess,,
everyone have a GREAT DAY!

·
Super Moderator
22,407 Posts
grumble,,,,i gotta say mornin' twice today? LOL

·
Registered
565 Posts
Good Morning everyone.

Johnny,

I can total relate. I am having a hard time at work as well and really need to find something different. Good luck on the self-examining and hopefully the answers will come to you.

Earl

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
cath, IMO anyone that gives that movie a bad review was probably expecting a hardcore war flick, with non stop action.

this does have some great action/battle scenes. however, they add the human element. sort of a "soldiers have feelings too" kind of thing.

that was what made me like hte film so much. was watching soldeirs go from following orders, to following whats right.

i'll say no more though, dont wanna spoil it for anyone.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
lol figured i might as well too :)

hello again!

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Morning folks! Don't be alarmed if you're having a hard time following this thread-no one secretly switched the fine coffee you normally drink for decaf, lol-there were two AM threads and I merged them ;)

Oh boy, this week is flying by and I just haven't been able to get anything done around here between work, errands that have to be done and kid stuff. We're headed up north this weekend to go apartment/house hunting. Hopefully I can find something suitable in short order so next weekend I can dig in around here.

Have a good day!

Alice

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks for the explanation Alice, my brain was starting to hurt.

Good morning! I'll be joining the self-examining folks at work today...there is a major reorganization (a real one, not a cover up for layoffs) that will be announced Friday and I will soon be reporting to someone else. Amazingly enough, my boss was actually a huge part of my job satisfaction. So today, I am exploring other opportunities within my company.

The trouble is, I don't want to look like I am "deserting" my new boss. This is something I have toyed with over the past year, but didn't act on because I really liked the guy I was working for, and didn't want to leave him shorthanded by transferring to another department. Argh. I am really worried about all the politics here. And naturally when I inquired within another department this morning, I discovered a position approved for 2004 that would involve a promotion and was "written for me" (figuratively speaking). So I quietly expressed interest in the position, and hopefully will hear back some good news down the road...

Wish me luck (and prayers are always welcome from folks who do so)!

·
Registered
662 Posts
good mornin everyone....we go 75 inches of rain last night;) ...

Jeff, it almost washed us overboard...(I slept through it also)

Johnny. I think the song is called "I don't have to be me 'til Monday" I went through that late last year...It'll work out...was a little scary making that first move, but stress levels and frsutrations have all but vaporized.....do the thing that's right for you and Pat...in the long run, you'll be glad you did .

everyone , have a great day!

bob

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Whew, Nikki; inter-office politics are always tough. I haven't worked for a large company in years but I remember it well. I was the youngest woman working there and the salesman all thought I was great but the other gals in my dept. probably had a pic of me as a dartboard somewhere ;) But hey, I got all my paperwork from sales before the deadline, LOL.

Good luck!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts