The Reef Tank banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to thank everyone who came to the nano meeting today at my house. I had a blast getting to put a face with all the screen names.

I think this group will be very helpful for everyone involoved. I know it helped me A LOT today stocking my tank (I dont have too much room left :()

·
Registered
945 Posts
WWWeeeeeeelllllll that is why u have a 125 and a nano........;)
Had a great time thanks for having us...............was like old time with the reef club before we got to big for houses.........
Maria

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'm Bummmed!

I really wanted to be there. Hubby working, 7 kids, didnt see how. I guess if I can only attend 1 meeting a month, from now on it'll be the Nano meeting.
Im glad you guys had fun!

·
Registered
77 Posts
thanks for having me at your house william. it was nice getting to meet everyone. im definitely in the minor leagues when it comes to you guys, but im looking forward to starting in the world of small in the next couple of months. and i should probably get a book or two to learn all these technical names for the corals. i just usually look and say "oooooo, pretty colors. i want that"

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yes, 7

What a day....ages 3,5,7,8,10,12,14(Oh, and dont forget all their friends that think our house is the coolest on the block). My reef tank is my "outlet". They would make me crazy if I didnt have my tank and my PC while hubby is at work. I shouldn't complain....I am truly blessed:D

Let me add that school starts back in 2 weeks, 1 day, and12 hrs....but who's counting!!!:dance:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats some nice ages of kids....hehehe! But with 7 kids I would deff. have a HUGE reef tank for my "outlet" 50 gallons per kid....so that would be 350 gallons! :) hehehe! Hope you can survive the 15 days and 12 hours!

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
I'm sorry I missed it. I'll have my tank set up and cycling soon so maybe we can have the next meeting here.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The Nano meeting was great! Thanks to William for hosting and to Charles for putting together the frags for everyone. Looking forward to the next one. :D

I was thinking on the way home that every three months may not be often enough? What do you guys think? Every other month? Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
A quick summary of the meeting:

Attendants were: c_k_kuehne, bamann345, puffermatt, MsReeReee, Dancn, Sammy33, Billdemart, Lisabydefault, Ray1214, Justin319, Mantisshrimp, Lifestudent, Rachel, RobinsonFam1, Aaron-Harris (15 total)

I introduced the meeting then gave a quick rundown of all my tools used for cleaning a tank and LR. ALso all my tools I use when fragging corals and LR. We tested water for TDS and Calcium where necessary.

We then had a roundtable introduction of everyone and the Nano they have.

We discussed where we wanted the Nano SIG to go after this first meeting. Use TRT Nano forum for communication in the Nano world. Have a meeting every three months. Numerious people allready thought that every other month would be better and that we should change this. It was decided to use the 4th weekend of the month and alternate between Saturdays and Sundays. 12:00 noon seemed to give us the right amount of time.

A BIG THANK YOU goes out to Alan (seaspook) who gathered up a bunch of frags for the Nano SIG group. Everyone who had a tank up and running pitched in $5.00 twords the purchase of a bucket of salt for Alan. We then split the frags by lighting requirments and tank setups. After everyone got one frag we then drew cards to see the order of who got to pick the remaining frags. I think everyone ended up w/ 2 frags for $5.00. Alan represents the true spirit of why I joined the ARC in the first place. We all owe ALan (seaspook) a big one.

Another BIG THANK YOU goes out to Matt, John and the gang at Marine Fish. 8 of us Nano people took a field trip out to Marine Fish for some group purchasing of some Zoo's. We all pitched in $10 and split two really large zoo rocks. We all left with approx 1" diam piece of zoos from the two different rocks. (two decent frags for $10 --- who can complain). Marine Fish allowed us to chisel them right in the store and bagged up all our frags for us. They also gave everyone an extra exceptional deal on the other items that were purchased today by our group. Marine Fish went way over and above what is called for by being a sponsor of the ARC. They have shown us all once again what a great asset they are and will continue to be to the ARC. THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN TO MARINE FISH.

Afterward a few of us stayed for lunch/dinner at the Atlanta Bread Company.

So In summary: Everyone had a great time. Most learned a little something about fragging corals and cleaning Nanos. And most everyone went away with 4 or more frags for a total of $15.

Can't wait to do it again. Thanks to everyone who attended. You all made this first Nano SIG meeting a great success.

Charles

·
Big Fish
117 Posts
I agree I had a great time today and my tank is rockin now! I went from no corals to 7 corals for 45 bucks. (I bought a couple extra at Marine Fish :) ).

Thanks to Charles for setting everything up and the extremely beneficial inforamtion he dished out about tools and how to's with nano's.

I went to Lowes on the way home bought a chisel, a wire brush, some Loctite super glue gel, and went to town on my Live rock. I got it all back in glued 3 SPS to the top of my LR, and put the rest of my frags in as well. They are lookin good, I will try to take some pics tomorrow.

Thanks again William for hosting all of us and thanks to all the attendees for making it both fun and informative.

Bill

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
Great, great Meeting. It was definatly a blast. I had thought that maybe once every quarter maybe too long. Maybe every other month would be great. I love the fact that we went over some common sense approaches to fragging and spliting live rock. Kept me from buying a 16 dollar bottle of glue and gave me ideas for further aquascaping my tank. This meeting helped the nano keepers as well as anyone with a smaller tank.
Bill,
I rinsed out that southdown i have on my back porch, just come over with a bucket and scoop out what you want.
William,
Thanks for having us. Great tank BTW. I want to try that idea with the spray bar. It didn't seem as complicated as I would have thought and very non-obstrusive.
Charles,
Thanks for putting this together. Very meat and potatoes and I learned more than I thought I would.
Everyone,
Thanks for being a great bunch of people.

Ray

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Great 1st meeting!

The Nano meeting was great! Thanks to William for hosting and to Charles for putting together the frags for everyone. Looking forward to the next one. Sammy33
Well done! :p

I also agree that every other month would be good. We've already agreed to meet in Sept.

Again, thank you Charles! And thank you William!

Bob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts