The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
When I had to go to Crawford Long ER for my daughter (she is alright don't worry), I saw one of the biggest clam that I ever saw!! Overthere they have 2 aquariums that are like one big aquarium separated in half. One side is freshwater and the other side is a reef. I would say that each side is at least 200G. They have different kind of tangs, clownfish, chromis, angels, and a lot of beautiful corals. They also have a clam that must be at least 18"! The freshwater side is great too.
If you go visit someone over there, come by the ER, you will see one of the nicest setup that I've seen.

William

·
Registered
921 Posts
I work at Crawford Long, that was very nice to hear! We also have two bird [finches & parakeets] viewing rooms, a ciclid tank, and a goldfish pond. The marine tank has lighting by Doug of ReefTankLighting we installed last year. The freshwater side was aquascaped for turtles but they just kept trying to escape.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think these aquariums look great. Good job!! It was the first time that I saw this kind of setup, freswater and saltwater on one stand. What are the spec of the reef tank?

William

·
Registered
921 Posts
The tank is 84"L, 36"W, 24"D and is 320 gallons [both together about 650] and has additional water in the wetdry sump. It uses a Jacuzzi pump and has twin chillers in the basement. The overflow return is built in the center and is surrounded by liverock. Lighting is with 250 HQI metal halides, one at each end and 65W powercompacts above each long side. The tanks are maintained by Just-add-Water.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
I work at CWL at times and have always gone done to see that tanks. The Freshwater side is absolutely amazing and Jody is very enthusiastic about how he maintains the tanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts