The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, OK. I know that camel shrimp are not reef friendly. Unfortunately the LFS only carries camel shrimp and "sexy shrimp."

The sexy shrimp are cool, kinda dark colored with a white pattern on them. I was just wondering if anyone knew if they were reef friendly. If not, it looks like I will have to order pepermint shrimps somewhere online. . .

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sexy shrimp are reef friendly and very cool looking. They do best in groups of three, but because they are very small fish can easily eat them. From my experience, they like to hang around or on anemones. If you don't have one they will probably used some other surrogate coral. Hope this helps.
Eric

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! They are cool looking animals, and I will keep the "groups of three" tidbit in mind.

·
Banned
1,541 Posts
i dont know much about "sexy" shrimp but i currently have 4 pepperment cleaner shrimp and 2 skunk cleaner shrimp im my 150 gallons and their cool because they set up cleaning stations and it not only keeps the tank clean (I've had no problems w/ ick) but its fun to watch. Hope I helped a little-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts