The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
19,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....... :unsure: ......let's do this......

Good morning and HAPPY FRIDAY! Fingers crossed, but appears PLAN-A is this is my last day of the week.(y) Remember there ARE 26 letters in the alphabet.....

Slept till 4:59a, beat the alarm by a minute. Better than yesterday's 4a wake up.
Another upper 90's kinda day, with pm TS always possible.......with a pleasant 70 degree breeze through the window as I sip my coffee.

Hope a swell day awaits all, and there's giggles to be shared latter,
Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
17,687 Posts
Good morning everyone. Hopefully rolling in a service van by myself today. I was paired with a kid that always hurts and gets heat stroke routinely on Fridays. No real oomph at all. I don't know the tricks of the trade but am figuring out how to fix pool heaters and hot tubs.

Got a lot of raindrops to dodge. A previous employee left everything in pieces. He also would just put in screws anywhere leaving extra holes in hot tubs. That is not acceptable.

Better get ready for my long commute and get out the door. Got a few forever jobs percolating, but I can leave this campsite a little cleaner.

Coffee time.

Reactions: cath and Tinsnips

·
Administrator
19,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Perry....

Yeah......there's a lot of times the boss tells me to take 'so n so' to give me a hand....uhhhhh, no thanks, I got this. Some folks only get in my way.
Working on a hot tub/swimming pool in the rain.....hmmmmm... :unsure: ......hmmmmm, hope you stay dry.:ROFLMAO:
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,564 Posts
Mornin Hack & Perry. Rain here today. I think it will be a good day to get some water changes and scrubbing done on the tanks. I need to strip the silicone out of that 120 and reseal it too.

Yeah, I get it about the work partner. There seems to be one in every shop. I have one in mine. He is a real good kid but MAN can he talk! Never shuts up. My mechanics know to keep their nose clean or they get him for a side kick for the day.

·
Super Moderator
28,358 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Perry, Rick, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, Hack. Let’s have some big muffins with chunks of local peaches cooked inside. Following the discussion that you guys had about pizza last night, I thought about offering Cole pizza for breakfast. I’d rather like that. Vinnie you can have mine portion of anchovies.

Hack, did I hear you right? You won’t have to go to work tomorrow? That would be so cool!

., You got that right about some employees or terrible work partners. Worse than useless because they get in your way. Spare me.

Rick, enjoy your day off from work. I hope you get a lot done with the tank work today. That can be very satisfying.

Doug - big OUCH on your knee cap injury! That positively gives me the creeps.

Jeff, are you sure are getting there puppy GSD but really bad, and I’m so happy for you looking forward to more about that as the time gets closer and closer. Well I’ll be here with you!

HEY Doug! No AC yet at work......don't worry, will be fixed by January.:unsure:😁
Hack
No AC at work? I just thought about something that is an old-fashioned remedy. Get a big big bowl ice cubes, put an oscillating fan behind it. Granted, it won’t cool off a whole room, but at least you have one corner of the store that’s cool.🥳. In fact, our headquarters library is cooled by gigantic version of that.

Yesterday afternoon I went to Ace Hardware to mail a few things in the outside mailbox. The drive is about a mile and a half. On the way home, I was so tired that I realized I was driving impaired. I should have pulled off at an empty parking lot to regain my senses. When I came home I took a half an hour nap. This Covid tired business is scary. I don’t think I’ll drive by myself for a while.

lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
28,303 Posts
Good morning everyone!
Coffee pot is full. No breakfast here today,
Rain in the forecast for the next 3 days and they are still call for 18 to 20 named storms this hurricane season. Been three so far.
Presley’s birthday today and she will be spending part of the day with us do Gabi can get some sleep, she been working 12 hours shifts at the hospital.
the birthday party is tomorrow.
Have a great day
Gesture Art Font Fictional character Toy

·
Super Moderator
28,358 Posts
Good morning, Vinnie!

Yikes with all those named storms. No doubt you will get the brunt of them. Most of our storms come from the golf, although some are directed from the Atlantic.

Happy birthday, Presley! How old is she now?

By all means, Gabi needs to get some rest today. 😴

·
Administrator
49,154 Posts
Mornin all , relaxin and treating my sore knee to an aspercreme rub. Other than takin Furgee into vet for meds I plan takin it easy as much as possible.
Hope the storms aren't to bad Vinny. Gack on driving issues Cath,, probably a good idea to not drive.
How did you get an extra day off Hack? Rick sounds like a full load of tank work on tap. Perry plugging hot tubs, egads

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,564 Posts
Did a big scrub and clean Cath! Did the canister filter too. By the time I got done I had vacuumed out half the tank. 50% water change it is! I have the RO/DI running. There was enough mixed water to get me about 3/4 full. I mixed the rest this morning and will finish filling shortly.

I read about the knee Doug. Just when I get the gumption to get going is when I usually end up doing something like that. Rest up & get well.

Cath, you are the muffin Master. Peaches may be my favorite fruit.

Vinnie those storms are a concern. For once I hope the weatherman is wrong. Five years old is a great age! They are very willing to get into trouble with you!!!

Hack I hope this really is your Friday!

·
Super Moderator
22,705 Posts
Morning all,
AM run to the more complete having stuff grub store in town , stocked up for a while 👍🏼.

Yup Cath, a GSD pup is a done deal , just gotta wait for em to be born’d and pick the right one for both parties here. Been 35 plus years since I started a dawg as a pup-pup,,, I’m sure needle toofers and otherwise everything else puppy will not be lost in my brain, heheh.

Boids being tended to now, then 👍🏼👎🏻 If I do needed lowering of green stuff outside today,, 92% humidity not gonna be my friend ,,, ugggh.

On to the day,,

Hope everyone has a great one👍🏼

·
Administrator
49,154 Posts
After noon all, Vinny have fun with grand daughter :) Jeff, I am finally getting all my pup scars healed. She is a handful, but when I adopted here I was under the impression y LF was going to help raise and train here, had I known at the time here moving was soo soon I would have help out for an older dog. Be interesting to see here weight today, I am guessing 52 #, trying to remember what she weighed a month ago, I think it was 42-3 or so.

·
Administrator
49,154 Posts
So Furgee is 52.4 lbs, I guessed 52 based on here pressure on my sore spots ;) She was very good at vets, though she is not fond of scale( she is a female) so she got a bright new pink leash and Chicken jerky treat :)
Are we looking at an 8 pm ECT meet tonight?

·
Administrator
19,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Administrator
19,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
A 2 day weekend, and a 1/2 day on Monday to take Jen to a Dr. consultation in the afternoon, AND Thursday off to go buy a couple Cardiologists some golf clubs.

More cold cuts for dinner, and watermelon for desert......actually a pre-desert as I KNOW there's ice cream sandwiches they're holding out on me.

We'll see how the evening unfolds Doug as far as a CHAT goes......had been talk of a Family game night.

Was a scorcher at the creek and even MORE SO here.....98F at the moment, and the sun is showing no signs of retreating.

Lollipops and skittles to Y'All,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
28,303 Posts
Good evening ,

we had another good thunder storm today, scared Presley, lol poor thing it was loud.

I did get the chat thing fix and will have the link if people want to . Just have to see what we do here later.

·
Administrator
49,154 Posts
Bummer on the wee one get frightened by storm, Vinny, Will check in later for chat, been working on cleaning off tables, (kitchen and paperwork) gotta grasb a chicken sammich and chips, Cold beer. Its showing 87ish here, hoomid is up a tad but ovberall not as bad as it has been

1 - 20 of 24 Posts