The Reef Tank banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......the path looks clear.

Top of the morning, and yup.....HAPPY MONDAY!
I've been noticing either I type slower, or others have been brushing up on their Evelyn Wood SPEED READING errrr 'WRITING' correspondence courses.
So a short n sweet 'good morning', with a more relaxing post in a wee bit.

Coffee is up, and a day 'out there' somewhere probably has breakfast included.
Peace, and WAKE UP to All,
Hack

Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
Good morning Hack and all of the TRT family.
Thanks for the coffee. First cup of hot coffee in a few days. Been drinking cold Starbucks coffee and enjoying it instead of regular coffee.
Getting ready to catch up on the news and then probably going to do a water change on the reef tank.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Top of the morning Pal! Starbuck's......Ooooooo.....Never had the urge. My taste buds are geared towards 'COST per POUND vs COST per ENJOYMENT' And I have cheap taste buds. The Sams on the other hand are much 'boosier' than I, and they help finance that place.

Got one of the 'Grandbabies' getting dropped off this morning, and we'll be heading out before too long for the day.....with breakfast leading the way.

Gas Building Machine Glass Artifact

And an added benefit to having 'what it takes' to work on guns......same things work with clocks. Including PATIENTS!
Hack

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Clock collecting had been my vice....well, one of them, for a large hunk of my life. Sorta ended when Jen entered into my world.....yeah, there was a LOT of clocks, and they weren't quiet.
An old Family coockoo clock, and a Seth Thomas 'ship's clock' are 2 I regret parting with. The coockoo I could have fixed.....AGAIN, but the ship's clock I never took the time to look at.

I/We have a Grandmother's, a 'regulator' and a tambour clock left, and the 2 mantle clocks have been out of commission for a while, and the tambour probably for like 20-30 years. But got 1 of them back in fine shape yesterday....picture above. And the other will be getting me to it shortly.
Hack

Super Moderator
Good mawnin鈥, Hack, Vinnie, and all of TRT

Thanks for the coffee, Hack. I鈥檒l offer up some variety of bagels, cream, cheese, and different kinds of jams, PB, nanners, and orange sections for our mid-morning snack.
I know Nate get something substantial for breakfast on the way to work, what does he do for lunch? Is there someplace nearby where he can get something?
I love to look at clocks of different kinds and listen to them tick. There鈥檚 a Clock and watch shop about a mile used to like to go in there just to listen to clocks tick.

Vinnie, you have some mighty cool temps down there! Luckily, it warms up quickly.
Cold coffee is not one of my favorite things, but I know lots of people who love it.
Hope your water change goes well today.

It is currently 45 here and will go up to 48 under sunny skies. Not a lot of big projects here today, but I do need to work on Civitan minutes. I don鈥檛 really enjoy doing that, but it鈥檚 better than some other jobs. Fortunately, they don鈥檛 we don鈥檛 follow Robert鈥檚 Rules in regards to meetings and minutes.

On with the day.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

Administrator
Good Morning, 35 and sort of foggy. Heading to 47 later, feels like a cold damp day :( Coffee is on in case, cool clocks Hack. No idea what the day will bring other than work day stuff, but we shall sail forth and meet the day head on

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Cath! Just dragging my feet till all the 'ponies get in a line' round here.....I'm not keeping track of time, but my tummy IS.

Nate's off today because of inspections at the Sams', so we're heading out company strength.

Yeah to old fashioned sounds of clocks......changed when electricity hit the scene. The times, pardon the clock collector parlance, when I disliked the hobby was that infernal 'time change' things.....looking at probably 30-40 clocks round here once. :eek:
Hack

Super Moderator
I bet Nate enjoyed the chance to sleep in a bit! Have fun today!馃コ馃コ

Oh yeah, a friend of mine has 40+ clocks at his house. You would salivate to see all the new clocks he has. And you鈥檙e right, it鈥檚 a chore to get all the clocks set when the time changes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts